Whatever happened to...

What's Hot
All the lost MR members? I didn't have too many as FB friends so lost touch.

Funkyfraz, as a suggestion. Where are the lost MR regulars? I left a message for Fraz, we'll see if he gets it. but for now

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I've watched about half of a box set of Morecambe & Wise on DVD, and began to wonder what happened to the musical acts they had on there. Kenny Ball & His Jazzmen did some tight performances and although I can't say that kind of music is my favourite, I have to say I was impressed. Natch, KB has been gigging around quite a bit before & since. Other acts, well, I've never seen hide nor hair of them outside of M&W. I guess they either went back to being plumbers or shop assistants, or they got jobs on a cruise liner.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3592
    Lots of 'acts' survive or evolve. Pop/rock is more prone to people moving on to other things because there are far more musicians than bands/gigs. The world of cabaret/club artist is smaller but often more lucrative. Lots of 60/70s TV personalities still work with "TV's Mr John Smith" or some such.
    Look up some of the artist agencies and see all those familiar names now working for pub gig money.
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3288
    edited March 2014
    too freaky, I was literally 10 mins ago listening to the Laker 10 track cd I have, bloody love it wish Laker hadn't of split.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I though Laker was a cheap air travel bloke
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I though Laker was a cheap air travel bloke
    nope they were a tip top band with Fraser Sneddon(Funkyfraz) on bass
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    With Orlando as a fan too...
    My V key is broken
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

On topic, my local boozer hosted 'Bad Manners' last Saturday night. I never bothered going 'cos I never liked them, but it kind of underlines ESB's point.

• funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 93
    I'm here guys! Haha! 3 years late but im here! 

In case your interested, my musical world changed dramatically after this.. ended up in a Scottish hip hop band (with the rapper in that video) and actually made a slight impact in the Scottish music scene. Toured the world, played in a prison, nearly won scottish album of the year.. Then i left! 

I'm also not on FB anymore which is a good thing, but there's times i realise that some folk I will literally never hear from again if I stop posting on forums! 

Good to hear from you all!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom