What's Hot
13»

Comments

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    edited March 2014
    Ianpdq;199004" said:
    JookyChap said:

Ianpdq said:

Yes this bought off ebay and told it would fall apart on musicrader forum but it still plays great http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr186/ianpdq/blue02.jpg

What is it Ian, looks well pretty?

No name on it I just like the look of it and for under £200 it's great Wilkinson trem as well oh and it has two screws to hold the neck on
    Have you tried to remove the neck? Some have an internal bolt that pulls the neck down into the body. If so, that's pretty awesome!

Yes it dose I love it :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My 60 quid, indian sunn mustang strat. - cant believe how good this is to play.
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Most of my guitars have been under £100. Current faces are my newly acquired OLP mm4 Silo and my £22 yamaha Pacifica 012
  • LukeageLukeage Frets: 35
    My butterscotch Squier Affinity Tele ;) 

Can't fault it - perfect out of the box, no setup required. Mint! 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited March 2014
    I got this off Freecycle for free... has nylons and bronze strings fat old concave (across fret width!) baseball bat neck and pretty useless upper fret access. Had no fret markers so I painted Dots on the side in Humbrol enamel. Sounded a bit dead and 'Michael Rowed a Boat Ashore-dead'   in standard tuning but... I open tuned it to a G variant and whoa! Sounds bloody great for those Delta Blues riffs and licks - slide or other... So much so that I am thinking of doing some Busking with it! - has Massive Mid Tone projection...

I was gonner give it away free with 4 guitar lessons as a Christmas incentive, but was no takers... Their Bad!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    JookyChap said:

Ianpdq said:

Yes this bought off ebay and told it would fall apart on musicrader forum but it still plays great http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr186/ianpdq/blue02.jpg

What is it Ian, looks well pretty?

No name on it I just like the look of it and for under £200 it's great Wilkinson trem as well oh and it has two screws to hold the neck on
    Have you tried to remove the neck? Some have an internal bolt that pulls the neck down into the body. If so, that's pretty awesome!

Yes it dose I love it :)

Wow! That's a fairly rare construction method, I think BC Rich use something like that on some models but they don't have a neck heel.  I reckon it's a debranded over run from a start up factory or something, it looks absolutely brilliant.  
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11302
    Bought a Squier Bullet Stratty thing almost 30 years ago from the Soho Soundhouse (back when they were in Soho Square) and paid £60 for it because it had cracks on the body.

Shimmed the neck, found that the humbucker was tappable and tapped it, put a couple of Kent Armstrong single coils in and put on a cheap locking trem.

It was my go-to non-Gibson type guitar until the frets became alpine in their unevenness. I keep telling myself that I will refret it but part of me thinks that it should be allowed to just sit there looking at my other guitars like an old bull looking at the younger members of the herd.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    I'm quite fond of cheap semi Ibbys and CP 60s MIM strats and teles (Classic series). the Ibbys particularly.
    had one and I'd get another in a heart beat. My only concern with cheap strats is that as good as they may sound I find it harder to set up; not all parts work as great+ I find they are prone to sounding a bit dead above the 12th fret if not set up well which as I said I find it hard. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Ianpdq said:
    I think a mate of mine bought one of those, too. Nice guitar, as I remember..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    I'm sure I've seen those branded as "Skylark" before
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    I'm sure I've seen those branded as "Skylark" before
    No not the same Guitar

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    jpfamps;198809" said:
    Korean Dano U2: £100 well spent.

Same here.

Although I only paid £99 for mine new. :-\"

• LukeageLukeage Frets: 35
    scrumhalf said:
    Bought a Squier Bullet Stratty thing almost 30 years ago from the Soho Soundhouse (back when they were in Soho Square) and paid £60 for it because it had cracks on the body.

Shimmed the neck, found that the humbucker was tappable and tapped it, put a couple of Kent Armstrong single coils in and put on a cheap locking trem.

It was my go-to non-Gibson type guitar until the frets became alpine in their unevenness. I keep telling myself that I will refret it but part of me thinks that it should be allowed to just sit there looking at my other guitars like an old bull looking at the younger members of the herd.
    The old saying rings true "they don't make 'em like they used to"
    Squier Bullet Strats certainly aren't what they used to be, then!
    I bought one brand new, a cream coloured one.
    I liked the neck profile but the frets were sharp as anything (protruding from the side of the neck)
    The pickups were OK. Very very twangy though. Even the humbucker in the bridge was twangy!
    The machineheads bent when I tuned it for the first time... tried a couple more in another shop recently, same deal. The machineheads are very flimsy! 
    I got rid of the guitar in the end. Though I did have it hanging around loose in my room for a bit just looking cool... y'know the old "walk in the room and there's guitars lying around everywhere, cool I thought!" ? haha
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    I have a Crafter Convoy FM like this; http://jeremyspencer.com/media/images/crafter-convoy.jpg

Its been gigged all over and has certainly paid me back the £147 it cost

I had one of these. Wonderful thing. I have been looking for another.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.