Boss GT100/ Tone Studio Connection Failure after Win 10 Update 1/6/18 - Answer found 4/6/18.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Well...
    That was an eye-opener!

I knew I could put the looper first but in honesty, I've never tried it.
    What I didn't know was all that about EQ!
    @ICBM ....Expect a load of dumbass questions about this sometime soon!
    lol

I get from looking at Tone Studio that the Speaker and Mic thing is only when I'm recording, not playing live and Live is what I bought this for primarily BUT I've had a burning desire to learn to record for a long time so...

I've found a studio literally just down the road from me, I could probably walk there and I'm going to start going once a week for 4-hour sessions.
    The first few will be to get this GT set up to sound good live and in between that I've found some tutorials for Reaper.
    I've got the full version of Reaper and I bought some studio monitors recently, I also got my old Katana back at the weekend.
    I've wanted to join in with ROTM and similar comp's here for a long time and this actually feels like I could now with some practice at doing this.

I'll start a new thread soon about the GT100 and my journey with it and Reaper, so as to keept his one uncluttered and relevant to the problem I had.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    If you need any help with the GT then feel free to hit me up. I'm no expert but I have used it for a while including recording, and live.

This is another essential video (probably the most important) in order to get the best sound and should actually be the first thing you do. How to set a patch to calibrate the unit for your guitar 

That input thing is something that was confusing me too...

I bloody love this place.
    Again,... Thank you.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    As far as live use goes there are basically three ways you can use it. It's worth having a try with all 3. Although it seems complicated at first it's really simple when you get your head around it.

In order of "best" tone they are:

1. 4 cable method with a real amp 

2. Using GT 100 preamps and real amp for power tube/speaker (can be combined with 4 cable method). Use one of the amp return settings (E.g. Combo or stack return instead of line/phones) and connect the GT output into Fx return of a guitar amp (or power amp into cab)

3. Into PA using cab sims. This is the least good option as far as this unit goes.

For recording the cab sims are and aren't important. There's a bug where they stay activated if you have headphones connected even if you turned them off in settings. If you're using monitors then you could disable the cabs and use impulse responses in Reaper. I've not personally tried that as I have to use headphones to record in my house but it should work. Instead I use the 4 cable method to record my tube amp preamp and then add cab sims in Reaper.

If you do want to record then one really useful feature is that you can record a dry signal at the same time as recording your patch. That means if you want to change the amp settings you can reamp through the GT with different settings. 
  • janhopejanhope Frets: 0
    Thank You very much, i m newie and this works fine for me, i almost format my computer and reset my Gt100, i spend only 2 hours like crazy to fix that, but this Discussion long for months and i aprecciate it really much