Boss Angry Driver

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
Has anyone got one? What are your thoughts/experiences of it? I’m really happy with my Boss SD-2, but the Angry Driver intrigues me
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I was set up to adore it, but I just couldn't make it work "in the flesh" - maybe it's one of those elusive "it works in the context of a band" sounds but I found it overly waspish and farty.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 668

I have one on my board at the moment. It's great, and really flexible. The only downside for me is that the Angry Charlie on it's own could do with a 3-band EQ. It gets me through when I need to play without my Marshall amp though, which was one of the big selling points.

The Boss side is pretty ace though, and so is the parallel mode

• riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    I don't gig so my opinion isnt worth too much in that context....but I like it,. I bought it to replace both my Blues Driver and my SL Drive from Xotic, saving space on my tiny board.  It covers those two bases adequately..  Ive found some good sounds combining the two circuits as well, but the Blues Driver was my favourite of the two and I use it mainly for that with the occasional foray into 'Angry' territory. In truth I think I prefer stacking an OD3 or a TS circuit into the Blues Driver part of it, but then again if you are gigging I guess its nice to have various options and it certainly has a bunch of those.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    I have one. I'm using the AC > BD mode, AC with just enough gain to make a noise and plenty of volume to push the BD with 1/2 gain - I like it!
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    Thanks all!
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    I had one for a while. The blues driver side is amazing sounds like the best blues driver i've ever heard. 

The angry Charlie side not so much I found it very noisy for some reason. The ability to switch between the 2 circuits using the remote jack and a ES5 was a great feature if you want to save space. 

I guess the blues driver side is great and the parallel mode sounds amazing, however I would say those features were not enough for me to keep it.
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    I love the idea of this pedal but I'm not convinced enough with the AC side just yet.
    I had an SD-2 for years and again, brilliant idea for a 2-in1 pedal but the sounds weren't what I wanted. 

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I was tempted to get one, but to be honest the Blues Driver is more my thing, and I already have the Waza'd version so there is no point for me.