5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Look forward to meeting you in person @Alnico! :) 

Man this is coming up quick, I'd better get ready!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    If there's any sort of electric jam (beat it??) and there's a spare electric flying about I'll give it a bash else will stick to acoustic (changed days!!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    The last few weeks have been interesting ... with the weather being far too good to stay inside ... and starting a new job ... and a few things going on with the house ..... my chance to play, never mind practice, has taken a back seat. Partly out of choice, partly out of necessity to keep the gear dust free.

Now here's the thing. Been playing for 4 years. In the early days, I just needed to play and get the "chops" sorted. So picking up the guitar every day was a must, since I'd regress if I didn't.  Now if I miss a day, it's no skin, because it's now in the hands. However, I have other issues - of the kind Eric Morecambe was famous for saying - you know the quote.... "all the right notes ...  "

Even though I've only committed to one song, if someone has the chords to the other songs on the day, I might feel lucky.

Anyway here's something to inspire you people getting ready (esp you, @thomasross20 ) ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdKEbnS1eBE
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Given news of @Legionreturns fairly horrific sounding finger injury can I suggest that we look again at the set list. The tom petty tune, for instance, has just me and him on guitar. And I haven't learned it yet so I suggest we ditch that one?

B) 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited July 2018
    McToot said:
    Given news of @Legionreturns fairly horrific sounding finger injury can I suggest that we look again at the set list. The tom petty tune, for instance, has just me and him on guitar. And I haven't learned it yet so I suggest we ditch that one?

B 
    It's pretty easy to play the rhythm bud. It'll take an hour to nail it, max. It's cowboy chords but with a little walk down thing. I could teach you it in seconds on a Skype call or something  

It's one of those that I'm singing, so I'm quite keen... 

I think @vasselmeyer was gonna play it too?

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    That's news to me! I'll have a look when I'm back on my PC rather than my phone.
    That's news to me! I'll have a look when I'm back on my PC rather than my phone.
    My mistake! It's the other two songs I was doing

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5371
    Which Tom Petty @McToot ;? ITGWO? I think I'm down for the acoustic part on that (I hope so, because I've learnt it) so as long as you can do the clever bits it should be OK, just maybe not as full.
    Set lists:a suggestion. Would it be possible to have the set lists up as publicly viewable Google Sheets? That way it's easy for us all to book mark them, and the organisers don't have to keep updating/posting images here? We can all just go back to a common location to check om progress / refresh memory.

It's something I've used in similar contexts, and it seems to work well. @Legionreturns , @Bridgehouse ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Snags said:
    Which Tom Petty @McToot ;? ITGWO? I think I'm down for the acoustic part on that (I hope so, because I've learnt it) so as long as you can do the clever bits it should be OK, just maybe not as full.
    Ah I didn't spot that. I was down to do rhythm (which I assumed was the acousticy stuff). I'm thoroughly incapable of doing 'clever bits'. I'll have a listen again, but I think without lead stuff it will be a bit flat. 

Ah. We'll work something out :)
  • Swap the Tom Petty track for Free Falling maybe? I'm sure a loads of us know that one and will be able to pitch in?
    McToot said:
    Snags said:
    Ah I didn't spot that. I was down to do rhythm (which I assumed was the acousticy stuff). I'm thoroughly incapable of doing 'clever bits'. I'll have a listen again, but I think without lead stuff it will be a bit flat. 
    There's barely anything lead wise, and I've played and sang it with just the chords loads and it sounds great. There's like a 2 bar solo which would be fine with just a bit of pentatonic widdling. The flavour all comes from the little walk downs on the rhythm.

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Snags said:
    Set lists:a suggestion. Would it be possible to have the set lists up as publicly viewable Google Sheets? That way it's easy for us all to book mark them, and the organisers don't have to keep updating/posting images here? We can all just go back to a common location to check om progress / refresh memory.

It's something I've used in similar contexts, and it seems to work well. @Legionreturns , @Bridgehouse ?

That's a good idea - worth making editable too so people can put up song structures etc? Start of a new tFB resource? 

Maybe too much work with it only a couple of weeks away but worth a thought for the future..
    @LuttiS IME making it editable to all can lead to chaos, but making it editable to key individuals can work well

@McToot and @Legionreturns ; I was listening to it on the way into work today. I'm a bit short of practice time between now and the do, but the little vamps on the into and early on are OK. I'd probably need to work on the 'main' solo to be confident.  However, I'm happy to swap from the acoustic rhythm to the electric one (where there's a sort of bass note followed by some picking on the top notes of the chord going on) if @McToot's happier with the straight chords?
    I'll do what I'm told (as long as it's not too complicated). I don't have an electro acoustic and wasn't going to bother bringing my  actual acoustic. I found at Woking that I brought a load of gear and didn't use much of it. I'll just play clean with an electric?

However, I too have loads of work on and not much practice time, so I'll pull out of Lil devil (that one has loads of people down for it) to concentrate on the other three. 

I'm sure there will be a lot of gear blagging going on. I'm planning on bringing two electrics and an electro-acoustic, and am happy to loan it out as needed.
    All of my guitars are now spare :'( 

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11755
    All of my guitars are now spare :'( 
    Bad luck, no chance of a recovery in your finger in the next couple of weeks?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...