Someone is going to have a fun easy jet flight next week.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3623

You haven't flown yet, if you ask politely at the gate then hopefully they will do their best to accommodate you sitting together once you get onboard. I have seen this several times.

For those of you who think Easyjet charging for sitting together is a rip off, it's no different to the major airlines, the difference is they include the seat reservation charges within the much higher ticket price. EasyJet strip it out to lower the base ticket cost for those who want to fly like riding a bus at the lowest price possible without caring which seat they get.

The funny thing is by the time you add on the civilised necessities of life like luggage when you are going on holiday, being able to pick your seat, meal service and landing at a premium airport Easy Jet is often no cheaper than a normal airline.

Worth a read....

https://www.tripsavvy.com/are-budget-flights-a-good-deal-1661883
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I'm flying EasyJet today. Particularly disappointed that the baggage allowance seems to have been reduced since I last flew with them - seems I'm not allowed a cabin bag in addition to my hand luggage. Fuck knows why.

I'm getting the feeling EasyJet isn't the most appropriate name they could have chosen for themselves.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Neil said:

You haven't flown yet, if you ask politely at the gate then hopefully they will do their best to accommodate you sitting together once you get onboard. I have seen this several times.

For those of you who think Easyjet charging for sitting together is a rip off, it's no different to the major airlines, the difference is they include the seat reservation charges within the much higher ticket price. EasyJet strip it out to lower the base ticket cost for those who want to fly like riding a bus at the lowest price possible without caring which seat they get.

The funny thing is by the time you add on the civilised necessities of life like luggage when you are going on holiday, being able to pick your seat, meal service and landing at a premium airport Easy Jet is often no cheaper than a normal airline.

Worth a read....

https://www.tripsavvy.com/are-budget-flights-a-good-deal-1661883
    This is why we hardly travel easy jet with the kids, it nearly always works out more expensive. In this case though we saved a lot of money.

Anyway flights have been cancelled, rebooked with Swiss cheap as last min, going in 5 hrs.... instead of tomorrow.

Stupid Italian ground staff.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    EasyJet is NOT a budget airline. For the last 5 years they have always been much more expensive than Aegean Air for Athens flights. And prior to that BA were only marginally more expensive if you took a hold bag. 
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    I suppose the Von Trapps would look at it differently as would the Cabin crew. Anyone for drinks?
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Oh fab. Our outbound flight has just been cancelled due to strike action. :(
    The pilots a striker? 
    Ted Striker?
    Surely you can’t be serious.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    skunkwerx said:
    The pilots a striker? 
    Ted Striker?
    I'll bite :)

And don't call me Surely!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Though, since when have social services ever acted in children's best interest?
    I imagine it happens all the fucking time, based on what I know about the friends I have who work in that sector.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    Dominic said:
    Stelios hasn't been involved with Easy Jet for 8 years 

Not day-to-day, but he still owns most of it
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    LuttiS said:
    skunkwerx said:
    The pilots a striker? 
    Ted Striker?
    I'll bite :)

And don't call me Surely!
    Heheh, unlike budget airlines, you guys never let me down :)
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    Cirrus said:
    Though, since when have social services ever acted in children's best interest?
    I imagine it happens all the fucking time, based on what I know about the friends I have who work in that sector.
    Having been been on both sides at various points in my life. I am unconvinced.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I flew to Geneva on EasyJet recently, the flight there was OK, but on the way back it was a nightmare, a long delay because the Pilot wasn't told about the flight.

The bigger joke was that one piece of hold luggage was £45, the whole flight was only £36! I'm quite sure carrying a piece of luggage in the hold is cheaper than carrying me in a seat, I'm heavier and take up more space. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72345
    hywelg said:
    EasyJet is NOT a budget airline. For the last 5 years they have always been much more expensive than Aegean Air for Athens flights. And prior to that BA were only marginally more expensive if you took a hold bag. 
    To be honest, I've had better experiences with EasyJet than with most of the major airlines I've flown on, including BA, Air France and Lufthansa, all of who had an arrogant attitude to the passengers and seemed to think we should be grateful for the privilege of flying with them. Terrible food on BA - which you pay for whether you want it or not - grubby planes with Air France and the most obnoxious cabin crew on Lufthansa... not to mention a very rough flight on Air Canada in an old 'combi' 747 - half passenger, half freight, but what they don't tell you is that it carries about the same number of passengers as a normal 747, just squeezed into two-thirds of the plane - like the overnight bus from Scotland to London, only with less legroom.

By comparison every EasyJet flight I've been on has been in a clean, comfortable plane with friendly staff and efficiently operated. When I've flown with the family we reserved the seats in advance so I wasn't aware of the problem with splitting up parents and kids, but the rest of it is just about reading the rules for baggage etc in advance and deciding what you want to pay for, or not.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    What happened in the end?
    hywelg said:
    What happened in the end?
    Our flights were cancelled the day before we were due to fly by easyjet due to an Italien ground staff srike. Next flight was 5 days later, which was no good, so I cancelled and booked last min with swiss air for the date of notification. EasyJet refunded our original flights.

Now claiming expenses from easyjet  as the strike was italien intrenal flights only and finished before our plane was due to take off, which means easjet cancelled to hastily.

Our travel insurance provides free legal assistance and they have told us easyjet were completely in the wrong.
    Oh and swiss guarantee children sit with one parent.