SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: MESA BOOGIE DC2 - Exceptional Condition - Valve Guitar Amp Combo - BOXED!

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 839
Limited time for sale to facilitate another potential purchase...

This is a beautiful amp from the mighty Mesa Boogie. Featuring 20 watts of EL84 valve power, it produces a great range of tones, from amongst the best cleans sounds I've ever heard on any amp, to some truly great mid driven through to high gain sounds. 

The amp features 2 channels, both with a full set of independent eq, gain, master and reverb controls, plus a pseudo 3rd channel accessed via the 'contour' option - this essentially simulates what would happen if you switched in the classic Mesa 5 band eq in the V formation with a bit of added gain for that extra kick! 

At 20 watts through the 12" speaker, the amp is loud enough to offer masses of clean headroom, but thanks to the master volume control it's also tame able for use in a quieter setting, 

Round the back, there are the usual options for hooking up a variety of speakers, plus the FX Loop. 

I've owned quite a few Mesa's over the years, along side other high end amps from Rivera, Matamp, Orange etc and this is definitely one of the best. I'm only selling due to the prospect of replacing with another Mesa Boogie. 

CONDITION:
Here's where this amp differs from many used amps out there... the condition is exceptional. Of course, there are a few very light marks to suggest some use, but really nothing to hint that this is a pro spec amp that was made to be gigged. It even comes with the original Mesa packing box with the shipping label for Chandlers Guitars still attached!!!

PRICE: £500 (collected from Nottingham)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EvoEvo Frets: 308
    Cool little amps! What are you replacing it with if you don't mind me asking?
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 839
    Evo said:
    Cool little amps! What are you replacing it with if you don't mind me asking?
    Cheers @Evo ; - looking at another Boogie! This is my back up / spare amp so considering replacing with a 1x10 5:25 which is slightly smaller and switches down to 5 watts which could suit my needs a little better. 
  • EvoEvo Frets: 308
    The 5:25 amps are a great choice. Then again, anything by mesa isn't gonna be bad. They wind up on the pricey side over here because of the import costs but I've never played one I didn't like.

I've currently got a TC-50 head and a dc-2, and have previously owned a stiletto deuce and a TA-30. I've once never sold one because I didn't like the amp.

Best of luck with it buddy! Someone is getting a great workhorse there.

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 839
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Evo,  agreed.