ESP original horizon

What's Hot
brooombrooom Frets: 1175
edited June 2018 in Guitar
I'm usually a fan of more traditional guitars. With that said, I've had my eye on a super strat type of guitar for some time now.

I really like suhr moderns and one of my old time favourites was always the ESP horizons or LTD Hs. So on a bit of an impulse I decided to try the higher end ESP original horizon.

A guitar shouldn't be a sum of it's parts, but when it comes to ESP, they really do tend to use really good materials and the end result plays amazingly well. As I've experienced with the several Navigators I've played. This one comes with honduran mahogany neck and body, hard rock maple top, ebony fretboard, seymour duncan 59 and jazz, gotoh hardware, stainless steel jescar fretwire (which I personally really like even on old guitars).

Anyone have experience with these guitars?

Pretty soon one just like this will be arriving:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I dont have experience of actual Esp’s, but I’ve always been a fan of Ltd’s as one of my favourite brands!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Not tried a Horizon, but have a couple of ESP's and they are up there with the best, I'm sure it'll be great!
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    edited June 2018
    Where did you find that for sale?!

I’ve always got my eye out for these. I have one already and it’s my favourite guitar of all time.

Everything about it just oozes quality and they look even better in the flesh.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    edited June 2018
    This is going to be my first ever guitar in this style. I'm always more on the traditional side of things, Teles, Les Pauls, Strats, 335s, etc... So this is really going to be a novelty for me.

I got it directly from Japan, on digimart.

To be honest it was an LTD that sparked my interest. A 90s model H-400. But as those are pretty hard to find anyways, I just decided to go with the higher end ESP, which is pretty much the same type of guitar.

I already have an amazing experience with ESP Navigators as some of my favourite guitars ever, so I have great expectations for this guitar.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1705
    It looks fabulous  and must sound good with those pickups so unless the wood is made from the the famous tonesucker tree from North Borneo ,the fret board is early  learning curve Teiso ,and the player has no hands I should say you are on to a winner .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11624
    tFB Trader
    That's lovely but I was secretly hoping it was going to be an original ESP Horizon like this:

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    To be honest I very much like the one you posted. But the old ones are hard to find :(

By the way couldn't go over today to Croydon, really sorry. I'm hoping next weekend, I'll be able to make it. Looking forward to meet you guys.
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    @FelineGuitars is that one yours? :)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11624
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader
    hassleham said:
    @FelineGuitars is that one yours?
    no just a pic from Reverb - used to have an identical cobalt blue one back in 1991

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Yep these guitars are great... ESP custom shop knows how to do it for sure.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom