2018 Gibson Gold Top Classic. Anyone tried one?

What's Hot
sawyersawyer Frets: 732
See Guitarguitar have these for £1499. Anyone got one or tried one? I'm bad for a Gold Top so will check these out when I'm in Newcastle next week. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JackobeanJackobean Frets: 667
    I'm tempted by these. No weight relief though, and i'm hearing 10lbs is the norm.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Ooh!10 pounds would rule me out.:( I'm all for weight relief now I'm 50 and knackered shoulders. 
  • Jackobean said:
    I'm tempted by these. No weight relief though, and i'm hearing 10lbs is the norm.
    Mine was 12
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Great!!! More LP gas I really don’t need 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11757
    They are probably very lovely.

Won't have escaped many people's notice though a couple of years back they did a "tribute" goldtop with P90s you very rarely see second-hand, therefore they are probably damn good.

They were about £650 new, if someone ever put a 60s tribute goldtop with p90s up on here for £500 I suspect it would disappear instantly!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I have a 2017 Classic. It's the best Les Paul I've owned. The only difference is the pickups. I put Lollar Imperials in mine.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    sawyer said:
    See Guitarguitar have these for £1499. Anyone got one or tried one? I'm bad for a Gold Top so will check these out when I'm in Newcastle next week. 
    Their site is showing none in stock in Newcastle so you might want to ring them to get one in before you make a special trip.

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    sawyer said:
    Their site is showing none in stock in Newcastle so you might want to ring them to get one in before you make a special trip.

Wow they had 4 this morning! Going on Friday for  'shopping'(piss up) I'll check on the day. Wouldn't buy without having one in me hands.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • humbuckohumbucko Frets: 179
    edited June 2018
    Tried one out a while ago, one of the nicest guitars I've ever played. But also one of the heaviest guitars I've ever played. 

The p90s in it make you wonder why you ever played humbuckers or single coils at all. One of those guitars that almost plays itself. Would have jumped on the guitarguitar deal myself if they didn't feel like an anchor slung over your shoulder.
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 537
    I like a heavy Les Paul. Might change as my body gives up I suppose. I really like the look of a gold top with P90s 

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Jackobean said:
    Dunno about that. I just got a 2018 Tribute (which is also listed as “no weight relief” and it’s not too bad at all weight-wise, certainly I haven’t weighed it yet, but I played it right through both sets of a gig last night and I’d never have done that on my old (mid ‘70s) all Mahogany CSL custom-a-like which was my previous benchmark for overweight LPs and LP-a-like...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    A mate of mine has one. It’s really good. Despite having to sort an intermittent earth problem. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.