USA Hamer Monaco Refin and praise for @lam68

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
edited June 2018 in Guitar tFB Trader
https://www.guitars4you.co.uk/guitars/5480-hamer-monaco-111-used-2006/

I purchased this Hamer a few months ago - Wish I had kept some original pics - When I acquired it, the trans cherry nitro finish on the front/back only, had been stripped back to natural - Leaving cherry sides and neck only - I contacted Jon @FelineGuitars who suggested I speak to Rich @lamf68 about a refin - From then on wards I can only sing the praises of Rich - Rich received the guitar and initial thoughts about a 'cherry' refin/touch up moved on, due to a potential 'blemish' on the spruce top - So a few thoughts passed to and fro with the best option agreed as a solid finish, so just a question of what to choose - Rich sent me a pic of a recent Epi he had worked on and with the Hamer having some retro vibe to it, then we agreed on the same/similar finish - I have to report that no way do my pics do justice to the finish and the work of Rich - Final result is excellent - It looks so cool and classy when viewed in the flesh

0reaction image LOL 23reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    That is gorgeous!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5040
    Beauty! Is that really sherwood green? It looks more LPB or some other blue flavour. Lovely colour though.  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7031
    tFB Trader
    Lovely job! 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    Beauty! Is that really sherwood green? It looks more LPB or some other blue flavour. Lovely colour though.  :)
    it looks far more green in the flesh Nigel - I might take pics again see if I can get a better set of images - some colours don't take as well as others, at least with my ability
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 411
    Stunning, and a great coulour choice.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Now if you'd be interested in a trade with a Shergold double neck...

Lovely guitar, Mark. Great colour choice.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    Here’s a link to some work in progress and after pics of this machine, it had some nasty things going on this one but turned out a little pearler....https://imgur.com/gallery/wuEzW
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7150
    The man has a gift for sure, he did a lovely job on my Tokai Strat too.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1945
    Looks way better than any of the finishes Hamer offered on the Monaco. Lovely!!!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    @lamf68Interesting look at your pics Rich (posted above via link) that they are similar to mine - Yet in the flesh it has more of an aqua green vibe to it - Not as dark as a Fender Custom Shop I have in stock in sherwood green metallic

currently 17 wow's - Can't recall ever getting 17 wows before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what extra work @lamf68 ; can take on, but I would seriously recommend again
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Have another wow, looks great!