WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    That was hard work just watching that for nearly two hours. 

England showing enough weaknesses that we could be pulled apart by a better team still but FFS I could cry right now. Phew! 

And I don’t get the Colombian tactics - effectively they would have won that match had they not given away a penalty 
    yeah exactly, when Columbia actually tried to play football they were the better team. Only themselves to blame for playing dirty cheating squabbling pussies for 70 minutes. IT'S COMING HOME!
    Colombia had, I think, more shots on target and scored from free play. England had a bunch of set pieces they made little use of. 
    Got to be optimistic about the Sweden match. 
    They scored from a corner - but they were the better football team. They spent the first 70 minutes squabbling with the ref, scuffing up the penalty spot before Kane took it and they did well not to get a red after receiving several yellows. Good riddance to them. We didn't play well but deserved to go through in the end. 

I now have to persuade the Mrs that I will NOT be going to Cambridge on Saturday so I can watch the quarter final. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777

I now have to persuade the Mrs that I will NOT be going to Cambridge on Saturday so I can watch the quarter final. 
    To the cemetery by any chance? If so, facing the same discussion I suspect :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    I’d like England to reach the Final......My Dad’s not been in great health and I wonder if he’ll see another World Cup... He got married to my Mum in........1966 <3
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    quarky said:

:)

She's Polish and wants to "see the beauty of England" - timing couldn't be worse. I'm booked up for the next few weeks.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • That was hard work just watching that for nearly two hours. 

England showing enough weaknesses that we could be pulled apart by a better team still but FFS I could cry right now. Phew! 

And I don’t get the Colombian tactics - effectively they would have won that match had they not given away a penalty 
    yeah exactly, when Columbia actually tried to play football they were the better team. Only themselves to blame for playing dirty cheating squabbling pussies for 70 minutes. IT'S COMING HOME!
    Colombia had, I think, more shots on target and scored from free play. England had a bunch of set pieces they made little use of. 
    They scored from a corner - but they were the better football team. They spent the first 70 minutes squabbling with the ref, scuffing up the penalty spot before Kane took it and they did well not to get a red after receiving several yellows. Good riddance to them. We didn't play well but deserved to go through in the end. 

I agree that Colombia didn't deserve anything from the game so on the night England's advance was certainly deserved. But man, what f**king tedium it was to watch. Japan last night looked so much better than either England or Columbia I reckon they could have beaten them both on the pitch at the same time! England looked terrified of driving the ball forward.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Columbia didn't deserve to win that, totally dirty and to me epitomize all that is wrong with the game.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126

I agree that Colombia didn't deserve anything from the game so on the night England's advance was certainly deserved. But man, what f**king tedium it was to watch. Japan last night looked so much better than either England or Columbia I reckon they could have beaten them both on the pitch at the same time! England looked terrified of driving the ball forward.
    Not really sure what game you were watching. England did all the attacking until about the 82nd minute. I don’t think Columbia has even been our box until the last few minutes of normal time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    quarky said:

:)

She's Polish and wants to "see the beauty of England" - timing couldn't be worse. I'm booked up for the next few weeks
    Hey. mine is too! 

If you see someone on a Triumph Street Twin, it might be me :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited July 2018
    I ran out of the house and shouted “YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!” as loud as I could in our Close shaking my fists in the air. What a feeling, fuck that shit! it's a wonderful feeling to be English when that happens.

I'm well impressed, I would say this is the best England football team we've had in 20 years, Gareth Southgate looks the biz as Manager. 

History and the odds say we won't win the Cup but dare we dream? Yes....

https://youtu.be/RJqimlFcJsM

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Emp_Fab said:
    Pickford is a superb keeper.  Any less of a goalie in the team and we'd have been toast long ago.
    We .. you're Welsh .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I don't want to go through anything like that again. I'd rather be waterboarded in a CIA 'black site' prison.

Bring on Sweden.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Kilgore said:
    I don't want to go through anything like that again. I'd rather be waterboarded in a CIA 'black site' prison.

Bring on Sweden.
    Sweden will be tough to beat. They are big and strong and our forward line, bar Kane, are somewhat short and on the evidence tonight easy knocked off the ball.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24320
    Fretwired said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Pickford is a superb keeper.  Any less of a goalie in the team and we'd have been toast long ago.
    We .. you're Welsh .. :-)
    My Birth Certificate states in beautiful fountain-pen script that I was born in The District of Eton old boy.  What what!

Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!!

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    Fretwired said:
    Kilgore said:

Bring on Sweden.
    Sweden will be tough to beat. They are big and strong and our forward line, bar Kane, are somewhat short and on the evidence tonight easy knocked off the ball.
    Sweden have some terrible players though. Seb Larsson and Ola Toivonen to name two. I should know, I saw plenty of their "performances" at Sunderland. It would be a travesty to lose to Sweden if these two fuckers can get a game.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

Columbia posed more of a threat than Sweden will, but I do worry about Englands lack of penetration.  Not enough quality balls from midfield, nothing for the forwards to run onto.
    Sweden will be organised and England need to up their creativity.

Looking at the odds, the bookies make England stronger favourites than they did against Columbia and you would expect England to progress, if nothing else Harry Kane should make the difference.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    edited July 2018
    Facebook comment of the tournament goes to Melanie, my cousin, who is a midwife and came up with this belter...

Absolutely loving all the posts on Facebook ⚽️⚽️ now please use contraception tonight March is a busy month at the best of times

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Gassage said:
    Facebook comment of the tournament goes to Melanie, my cousin, who is a midwife and came up with this belter...

Absolutely loving all the posts on Facebook ⚽️⚽️ now please use contraception tonight March is a busy month at the best of times
    Nah, I think it goes to my mate Steve
    "Pablo Escobar! Sofia Vergara!Carlos Valderrama! Shakira! Your boys took one hell of a beating"
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Poor Colombians, they'll be flying home today to face another shootout.
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cpcompany said:

Not really sure what game you were watching. England did all the attacking until about the 82nd minute. I don’t think Columbia has even been our box until the last few minutes of normal time. 
    I was watching the game where England managed only 2 shots on target all night. Ospina was hardly tested (penalties excepted of course ;-)

Colombia looked like thugs but England didn't look remotely dangerous.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom