Cacked my arm feckin proper!.. now with piccie.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    equalsql said:
    Here's a piccie of the damage.. and yes it was and is as painful as it looks. 12 weeks on and I've got some mobility and have started trying to play again but can only do it for short periods as it starts to ache like an SOB.

https://s20.postimg.cc/vkfeig4od/IMG_20180725_103707590.jpg

I've mostly been away off the forum as I got depressed reading about guitars but without being able to play them.
    Anyways I'm back now so hope to start contributing again :)
    Owww! That looks a proper job you did there. Get better soon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited September 2018
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Other people will make light of this situation but I don’t find it very humerus. 
    "That's a cracker" (in a thick Irish accent)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That sounds truly awful. No one should have to go to Stoke. 

Hope it all heals quickly. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ouch! Hope all gets better quickly. 
    ^ This ^

All the best
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    equalsql said:
    Here's a piccie of the damage.. and yes it was and is as painful as it looks. 12 weeks on and I've got some mobility and have started trying to play again but can only do it for short periods as it starts to ache like an SOB.

https://s20.postimg.cc/vkfeig4od/IMG_20180725_103707590.jpg

I've mostly been away off the forum as I got depressed reading about guitars but without being able to play them.
    Anyways I'm back now so hope to start contributing again :)
    Looks like they installed that with a nail gun. Oops, do another one, oh shit, one more, bullocks, right, aim fire, OK a couple more for good measure.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7787
    Jalapeno said:
    Been a bad 12 months for me too, 2 broken ribs, broken humerus, frozen shoulder.  Odd that it's the musculature frozen shoulder that is the bastid - it's taking months longer than the fractures to heal. A good Osteo/Physio will be invaluable.

good luck and get well soon !

I've had frozen shoulder in both of mine, the right shoulder was the worst and took a couple of years to disappear completely.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6117
    Topic revisited cos after almost a year the bugger still hasn't healed.. and to top it off I've just found at that the plate has snapped clean in two above the 3rd screw shown, at the point where the break is. I've been using an ultra-sound device for the past six weeks to try and stimulate the growth, but now am almost back at square one. Feck!

I've gotta go back in to have the whole thing opened up again and have it replaced or have another attempt to fix it using a bone-graft from my thigh.. Oh joy!.

It hurts like an SOB at the moment and is really restricting me in my guitar playing.. I think I've got an idea of what Les Paul must have gone through.

Oh the sweet joys of life and remember kids don't go playing around on step ladders like your uncle SQL did. :/
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72356
    Ouch. That makes me think I've got off very lightly - after nine months my elbow still isn't quite straight, hurts a fair bit quite often and has an odd lump on the bone (which I'm sure wasn't like that before) but is otherwise not affecting life too badly, and I think is still progressing towards full normality - just very slowly now. Yours sounds like a bit of a nightmare...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    wow that sucks, sorry to hear that. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 943
    edited May 2019
    Look on the bright-side, at least you can stay at home and relax watching Jeremy Kyle....
    ...oh,,,,

get well soon
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 991
    Had a bone graft for a snapped humerous a while ago; the arm ceased to be a problem pretty much straight away, took months for the graft site to recover (top of pelvis).  Trust it goes well.