My Third Timmy!

What's Hot
not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
edited August 2013 in FX

Is on it's way to me...this time the one with the different chip so it's "smoother"...we'll see if this one becomes a keeper.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    Third time lucky Col ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "Timmy....."   "To you" ...."Timmy...."  "To you......"

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Well if you need a fourth I've got one for sale, obviously the key to the tone is in the colour of the pedal
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Sorry @preston61 I was so close to going for yours...but i just don't get on gigging with pedals with white lettering on a light background. Sorry.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22215
    Sorry @preston61 I was so close to going for yours...but i just don't get on gigging with pedals with white lettering on a light background. Sorry.
    Do you ask for the red Smarties to be taken out of the bowl on your rider list too? :D

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27142
    Between Timmy and Liquid Sunshine I don't think you're ever going to stop...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

Indeed, three of each now. Bloody stupid really.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Makes my rapid guitar turnover look positively sensible!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27142

Indeed, three of each now. Bloody stupid really.
    Where would the fun be in that? ;)

I've done a pretty good job avoiding flipping pedals in the last year. I rotate the board fairly often, but I've learned not to sell the holy triumvirate of Rat, Hotcake & LSmk2. Everything else is cheap enough I can justify keeping it anyway, or a compo prize, and they don't count, right?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    At least with these I've actually been buying different ones each time (V1, V2 then new Ltd one). 

I have been known to sell then buy back the exact same pedal (Hall of Fame, Flashback, Stereo Electric Mistress and T-Rex Gristle King all spring to mind).
    It's very good indeed.

I've only had the chance to play through my little Yamaha THR10 not my main rig (Egnater Tweaker), and just on it's own not in combination with my other pedals...but I'm liking how it sounds right now. Looks great too (the white version). 

Could this be the one? It might just be...
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    Great news Col, I was not blown away by the standard versions but an orange coloured limited version is now a permanent fixture on my pedalboard!
  • skayskay Frets: 394
    Hi Col, i've just registered on this site today as the Music Radar one doesn't look like it's ever coming back, but just wanted to say that it was me who bought the V2 Timmy you sold on the previous forum in June last year, and it's been on my 'board ever since.

I ordered a few chips to switch in/out and tame the little bit of harshness and the LM1458 chip suited me down to the ground when using it through my AC30. If this is the same chip as used in the limited edition Timmy that you've bought then you'll be surprised how much difference it makes to smoothing things out especially if you are using a Tele like in your avatar.

I considered buying a second Timmy to set up two different gain levels for live use as I love it for low and medium gain settings, but bought a Lovepedal AMP11 instead which sounds very similar to a Timmy with the LM1458 chip, which is another great pedal to consider if you like the sound of a Timmy.

Cheers,

Steve

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

edited September 2013
    Thanks @skay good to hear my old one is serving you well, and welcome to the fretboard. 

I've not gigged with the new one yet, but used it at rehearsal a few times and I'm still loving it. I've got a Lovepedal OD11 on my other board, but I've not yet managed to AB them.
  • skayskay Frets: 394
    Hi @not_the_dj

The main difference I find between the AMP11 and Timmy is that Lovepedal stuff tends to get really loud very quickly on the volume dial, this is something i've read on Youtube comments as well so it doesn't just seem to be the way I use it. I only turn up the volume to around 8pm on the Lovepedal to match my Timmy at 12 noon, plus I have the COT boost built in which makes it really take off in gain and volume and adds a Marshall flavour to things IMHO, which is never a bad thing n a lead guitar break :-) 

Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to contributing (and buying) on this site from now on,

Steve

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 364
    edited September 2013
    Hi @not_the_dj,

I got preston61's green Timmy recently and from the little I've played with it it's a lovely box.
    As I'm recovering from a bad tenon injury and I can only play about 5' a day at this stage, could you please share some settings you like to get me going?

Brgrds,