Boss wireless

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
https://youtu.be/qx6XZwKIg58

That pedal based one seems really neat (£179).
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    I do love some boss, but the transmitter seems proper huge there. Be really awkward in anything other than a strat style jack? 
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2934
    The Line 6 g10 is £40-50 cheaper, and doesn't look as bulky.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Line 6 g10 is £40-50 cheaper, and doesn't look as bulky.  
    Had a G10 for about two days. The transmitter was fine in a Strat but didn’t make proper contact in a Tele, looked silly in a 335 & was an accident waiting to happen poking out the bottom of a Les Paul. 

And when it it timed out you had to unplug it from your guitar and plug it in again to switch it back on. 

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Still doesn't look as good as the Smoothhound system and that is also cheaper (£149).
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Lots of people don't like the bug transmitters, although they are fine for me.
    The slightly more expensive one looks like a standard sized Boss pedal and recharges the transmitter, you could even daisy chain other pedals off it and the transmitter packs away in it's charging port when not in use so it won't get lost. That just seems to be a well thought through approach to having a wireless system on a pedalboard. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited June 2018
    Great idea. I still prefer my Shure glx16 though that sits on my pedal board and is a handy tuner too. I do like the fact that the boss can be run off batteries though 

How much are they ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Great idea. I still prefer my Shure glx16 though that sits on my pedal board and is a handy tuner too. I do like the fact that the boss can be run off batteries though 

How much are they ?
    £179 for the pedal type one, £159 for the twin bugs. Seems a bit pricey compared to the obvious competition but not too crazy and that’s still a new release price. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822

How much are they ?
    £179 for the pedal type one, £159 for the twin bugs. Seems a bit pricey compared to the obvious competition but not too crazy and that’s still a new release price. 
    Still cheaper than the Shure GLX 16 though 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    I picked up the WL20 yesterday and have been playing around with it at home and at one rehearsal. 

I must say i'm very impressed. Switched backwards and forwards between the WL20 and a 3m cable and I can't detect any difference in tone and no issues with interference or cut outs etc.  Dead easy to use with no real setup required.

I was considering the Smooth Hound as it looks really well made but I really wanted a battery powered transmitter and receiver that are re-chargeable.
  • My Son bought the pedal based WL50 the other day.

It has cable simulation if you want it.

No lag that I could find walking through the (small) house.

The bug does need to be extended as with an input jack on the base of his guitar I'm waiting for the inevitable :(

Really nice well thought out bit of kit which if it had an extension cable for the bug would be perfection.

Cheers
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    edited August 2018
    The Line 6 g10 is £40-50 cheaper, and doesn't look as bulky.  
    Had a G10 for about two days. The transmitter was fine in a Strat but didn’t make proper contact in a Tele, looked silly in a 335 & was an accident waiting to happen poking out the bottom of a Les Paul. 

And when it it timed out you had to unplug it from your guitar and plug it in again to switch it back on. 

I wonder if your G10 may have been faulty as just strumming the strings should take it out of standby instantly. And surprised to hear you had problems with the G10 & your Tele as the G10 seems to work perfectly with my 1988 USA Standard Tele. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)