Anyone reckon they can fix a borked TU2

benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
It died at my last gig. Made a dying noise similar to a starved fuzz and then nothing.

Tried it again at home last night and there's nothing, no power and no signal. I assume its beyond repair but if anyone fancies the impossible challenge please feel free to get in touch........(dont all jump at one!)

Thanks 
How very rock and roll
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Oh yeah, in the meantime is anyone selling a TU2 or TU3 dirt cheap? 
    How very rock and roll
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72390
    It died at my last gig. Made a dying noise similar to a starved fuzz and then nothing.

Tried it again at home last night and there's nothing, no power and no signal. I assume its beyond repair but if anyone fancies the impossible challenge please feel free to get in touch........(dont all jump at one!)
    It's probably repairable - if it doesn't power up or pass signal the fault will almost certainly be in the analogue part of the circuit - it's when everything works apart from the tuner that you're really in trouble. The only way I can think of that the digital part could have failed is if it's shorted and taken out the main voltage regulator.

If you can't find anyone local to have a look at it, send it to me and I will. If I can't fix it I may have a spare one I might think about selling :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Thank you for the offer @ICBM. It’s doubtful I’ll get anyone local so I may just be in touch. 
    How very rock and roll