which drive to complement..

thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326
just bought a liquid sunshine mk3 and used it at last nights gig.

My order of drives last night was modded SD1,  liquid sunshine and then an old rat., going into a wienbrock gringo (fender 5e3 type amp)

I really liked the Liquid sunshine but I wanted a bit more gain for it for solo's , but the the SD1 didn't quite work in that context, ( as  and sounded a bit gnarly (crap explanation I know!).
 I could swap them over of course but I was wanting  the LIquid sunshine sound rather than the SD1.  

So question is more what would work well going into the liquid sunshine? I'm thinking possible a klon centaur type pedal?  Tumnus or something like that?? 

So suggestions please!  Not wild on clean boosts or eq pedals

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Nobels odr-1 or odr-s
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6708
    A Greer Lightspeed stacked with anything sounds mega. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    edited June 2018
    Nobels odr-1 or odr-s
    An odr-1 behind the LS smooths and fattens, especially if you switch to the bridge pickup. Tubby in the middle or neck position though. 

If you want a kinda neutral "more" pedal the Timmy will work well.
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    thomasw88 said:
    My order of drives last night was modded SD1,  liquid sunshine and then an old rat., going into a wienbrock gringo (fender 5e3 type amp)
    Which mod have you got/used? I did my own which basically was removed a diode or something (I can't remember it was years ago). It removed the "blanket over the speaker" sound.