Using Nespresso pods without a machine?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33802
    keithf said:

They're awful, horrible chemical aftertaste, Take a leaf out  of @octatonic 's book,

I'm pretty sure I seen him drink 3 shots of espresso in one hit, I think he called it a restretta or something.

That's a proper coffee hit !

Ristretto.
    It is basically just espresso with the bare minimum of water.

Actually we use Nespresso at home.
    We recycle the pods using Nespresso's own recycling program.
    I don't find them particularly chemical tasting but we only have one pod we buy, which is the Ristretto pod.

Nespresso isn't the best coffee in the world but it is consistently good and repeatable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12394

I have just bought my second nespresso machine.  With the milk thingy you can make a passable latte or you can make a passable espresso.  Is it the same as beans which have been crushed on the thighs of virgins in costa rica, possibly not, does it taste fine yes.

I met someone recently who had paid hundreds for a top quality second hand coffee machine from a restaurant which made great coffee.  Took about an hour to clean out every day though.

I do need to do the recycling thing though, I'm on it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27108
    funkyfraz said:
    Am I the only person still using the gool old fashioned cafetiere? 
    Not at all - I alternate between that, a moka and regular old instant at home depending on mood. If I want to spend more on a coffee machine it'll be a proper espresso machine but they're expensive and take up too much space.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Right, have tried the contents of a pod in the moka pot and it worked. Made what I’d probably describe as okay instant tasting coffee. I think the moka could take two pods worth so I’ll try that next time. 
    I guess it would work in a cafetière but I don’t have one and only have half a dozen Nespresso pods. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    We’ve got a Tassimo machine. It’s ok for milky coffees or if I want an instant fix but otherwise pretty crap. If I want a decent coffee I always end up going back to the Moka express and some good quality ground beans. Some things were just perfected a long time ago.  :)
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    boogieman said:
    We’ve got a Tassimo machine. It’s ok for milky coffees or if I want an instant fix but otherwise pretty crap. If I want a decent coffee I always end up going back to the Moka express and some good quality ground beans. Some things were just perfected a long time ago.  :)

Nespresso is a grade above the Tassimo machines. It's not a great coffee but still enjoyable.