SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Autowah/Envelope Filter - bought one but humming problem...

HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
edited June 2018 in FX £
See later post...
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6088
    Boss TW-1 Touch Wah (the original, before it changed to T-Wah)?
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    I have an MXR bass envelope filter that is no longer needed
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6704
    I have a 5 Leaf Audio Wonderlove and a Sonuus Wahoo that will do pretty much anything in the wah department that you can think of. Both for sale...
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    If you need a tuner and a couple of other effects as well as a choice of some decent auto-wah and filter fx, look at the Zoom MS- 50 or used Zoom MS-70 CDR and download the free update to get a lot of the sounds of the MS-50, which includes the auto wahs. 

Used, they can be had for £50
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    How’s about daFunk?

It’s a clone of the “Mutron 3” with a couple of bonus features over the original... this now has a master volume and true bypass (the originals gain effected the bypass circuit).

has the correct VTL5C3 vactrols (which are no longer made!!!!!)

Think 70’s Stevie wonder and a bit of bootsie and you’re in the right ballpark...

Dirty demo here:

https://youtu.be/sbprXowbnSc

:)
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Thanks folks. Now sorted. Well kind of.
    Bought an EHX Riddle Q Balls. After some tweaking, it sounds great.
    But....there's an issue. It hums like a bastard swarm of wasps. Suspect it's due to my power supply being fairly close under the board. 
    Don't really want it off-board. I'm hopeless electrically so can't really open it up for any mods.
    Any other suggestions? Not sure I can live with the hum...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    Thanks folks. Now sorted. Well kind of.
    Bought an EHX Riddle Q Balls. After some tweaking, it sounds great.
    But....there's an issue. It hums like a bastard swarm of wasps. Suspect it's due to my power supply being fairly close under the board. 
    Don't really want it off-board. I'm hopeless electrically so can't really open it up for any mods.
    Any other suggestions? Not sure I can live with the hum...
    What power supply? 
    T Rex Fuel Tank.
    Have you got a separate ps you could try? I have an ehx pedal on my board that buzzes like mad if I use anything other than a separate ps. I have fully isolated outputs on my main ps but even tho they are isolated it still buzzes...
    I have. Will report back. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6088
    Did it ship with a Power supply? If yes then try using it. I've found some ehx very fussy when it comes to power.
    edited June 2018
    Tried it with the power supply it came with and guess what - the hum is gone! 
    Thanks guys. 
    Would rather not have an extra power supply trailing across the board but hey, it's way better than the hum so will live with it...
    Unless someone can recommend a different one that does the same job and won't insist on its own power supply?
    Hattigol said:
    Unless someone can recommend a different one that does the same job and won't insist on its own power supply?
    Easiest way is to mount a power strip in set your board and run the full tank from one socket and the ehx from the other....

or buy daFunk ;)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    Yes the mad professor snow white is the ultimate auto wah in all respects