Weedkiller

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2468
    It's safe if you take precautions, which if you're spraying it definitely involves breathing equipment. In a watering can then gloves and "don't get it in your eyes" is all that's needed.

It is nasty though, it's an organophosphate and poisoning is very unpleasant. All the cases I've seen have been deliberate, but we're unpleasant for all involved and one was fatal.
    It's not nearly as bad as paraquat, but you can't buy that anymore
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7079
    tFB Trader
    strtdv said: but
    Glyphosate based weedkiller will kill most weeds. Won't touch mare's tail though, you need some stuff that you can't buy as weedkiller anymore but you can still buy as a compost additive, can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

Also, nothing really kills Japanese Knotweed (although injecting with glyphosate is the most effective method)
    I set back the horsetail for a few years by injecting neat Gallup but it's back now. Just hoeing it off for now but will try Gallup again later in the season.
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    Also depends on location. Gallup 360 is nuclear territory. But it will kill grass. Barclay Holster XL is an excellent selective herbicide for use on lawns
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Lay cardboard down and top it up with compost or wood chippings