Dual Tremolo?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited June 2018
    I own a boss md500.
    The slicer side is great but fiddly to configure as the menu system is a bit gash.
    The tremolo is alright, there are better options though
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Samgb said:
    Cheers all.

Twin Stags looks good, but not sure if you can sync the 2 trems? 

The Empress sounds amazing but isn't dual. 

The Stone Deaf does the dual thing but not the harmonic thing :(
    Probably for the price of the Stone Deaf you'd be better off with the Boss MD-500. I know it wouldnt be trendy but you can get two (different) trems going on that. And you have all the other stuff too. I have been doing my approximation of harmonic trem with one side set to trem and the other a really slow, woozy phaser.
    An option maybe?
    I didn't know that existed - could be a very good option, especially with (i assume!) the ability to sync tempo via midi. 

Is the CE-1 model any good? Always fancied one of those.
    I like the trems they sound fine to me. The chorus models, including Dimension, are second to none as are the Vibrato settings. Phaser, vibe and rotary does the job well. The Overtone is useful. There is the crazy stuff which is very much to taste. 

@meltedbuzzbox isnt as keen as me but i do agree with him on the flangers as in they
     are very much Boss flangers so they do intense but it takes a lot of tweaking to get to Electric Mistress Land.

You can also adjust the output gain on the effects so you dont get trem volume drop off. 
    Worth a think bang for buck wise because the dual trems mentioned are pricey.  
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    @Samgb have to conceed the dimension effect is pretty much keeping the md500 on my board. It is brilliant

The flanger could strip paint though.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    @Samgb have to conceed the dimension effect is pretty much keeping the md500 on my board. It is brilliant

The flanger could strip paint though.
    Yep. My perfect flanger is not in there! Thats my excuse when i buy one and the Mrs says 'Hang on...!'
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Hattigol said:
    Rockett Josh Smith Dual Trem. Fabulous!
    Can you have both sides on together or is it either/or?
    Just one or the other.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis