Chord sheet software?

DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7371
I've just purchased forscore and a foot pedal to change pages for me. I used Chord sheet.com to put together a few sheets but it's quite difficult to work with (don't seem to be able to name sections).

Is there a piece of software or a website I could use to put some together? I just need to be able to type the chord name and have bar lines. The font also needs to be readable.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    I suspect this will be too much aggro, but Chord Pix will let you create chord box images easily, which can then be inserted into other documents. Bit of a faff if you've got loads of things to do, though, rather than a fully integrated tool.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Notepad works for me
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    <Checks out what chordsheet.com does>
    Oh, OK.

Yeah, I just use Word or Notepad++   If using Word, have a defined style for lyrics and a defined style for chords, set tab stops for the bar positions and type away.  Apply the styles afterwards to tidy it up.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    yeah, word has its uses, like you can change font size, bold, colour etc which can make your chord chart easier to read. I use pipe symbols ('|') for barlines, on 2 print lines, so that you can put a chord symbol on the top line and the beat where it changes on the bottom line. Font = courier new, so it all lines up nicely.

:)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7371
    Thanks I'll give it a go. As long as I can read it on an iPad it doesn't matter really.