CS Strat question

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980

What is it about the CS Strats 59/60/61/62 that set them apart from each other?

I am aware of the slab boards but just tryin' to figure out what is so different from each model/year?

thanks guys :)

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    If you go here you'll see the changes that were made in those years, which are reflected in the reissues:

http://guitarhq.com/fender2.html
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14333
    tFB Trader
    With regards to a C/Shop then effectively a spec sheet can be ordered that is technically different to an original - ie you can order a 50's neck profile and or 50's pick-ups on a 60's Strat 

Very little actual difference on a late original 59 model v a 60/61 or 62 - Some years more specific differences like maple board, 8 hole single ply scratchplate on 50's, to a slab or lam board, 11 hole + 3 play scratchplate, by the time we got to mid late 62 - Fender were continually making small edits to some feature or another, be it neck profile, change of windings etc - But as far as a Custom Shop goes, then they can effectively produce a 1962 Strat with any neck profile you wish, from any year - So in some cases not an actual true replica, but as the name, Custom Shop, implies, you can edit and spec to your own taste - hope that makes sense
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    thanks Brize  :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    OH,  wots the going rate for a used clean CS strat these days?
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
    tFB Trader
    hootsmon said:
    depends on the spec - not really a case of one price fits all, for new or used - hand wound pick-ups + 1/4 sawn neck will be extra - as will the amount of aged finish - But as new stock has gone up in price over the last 2/3 years it has taken used prices up accordingly - Very rare to find anything for £1500 today - around £1800-2200 as a guide line
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    yes just a couple of summer specials to boost business during a quite spell
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
    Here's a question for you Mark @guitars4you ...why do you never photograph the rear of the guitars? :)
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 897
    Some nice bargains there. There are a few shots of the backs as well.
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
    hootsmon said:
    depends on the spec - not really a case of one price fits all, for new or used - hand wound pick-ups + 1/4 sawn neck will be extra - as will the amount of aged finish - But as new stock has gone up in price over the last 2/3 years it has taken used prices up accordingly - Very rare to find anything for £1500 today - around £1800-2200 as a guide line
    I wish that 55 shell pink strat was one of those very rare ones!  I'd have been in like Flynn.  I also was further disappointed when I realised I had been looking at the price of the Dave Navarro PRS below. :)
  • Strat54 said:
    Here's a question for you Mark @guitars4you ...why do you never photograph the rear of the guitars? :)
    He does.
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    He does.
    depends if there is much to see - certainly not the best looking part of the guitar by any stretch - Often show a rear view total, often neck/tuners/rear of headstock, but not often the body on its own - Currently web site was spec'd for 10 pics only - Just had edits done for 15 pics, so may well do more rear in due course - However, if I asked I can always take extra pics as required on a one to one basis, but rarely asked
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    edited June 2018
    Strat54 said:
    @guitars4you Any deals to be had on others or just the ones shown? You always have some beautiful stock in...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    Strat54 said:
    @guitars4you Any deals to be had on others or just the ones shown? You always have some beautiful stock in...
    just those for now
  • Strat54 said:
    He does.
    depends if there is much to see - certainly not the best looking part of the guitar by any stretch - Often show a rear view total, often neck/tuners/rear of headstock, but not often the body on its own - Currently web site was spec'd for 10 pics only - Just had edits done for 15 pics, so may well do more rear in due course - However, if I asked I can always take extra pics as required on a one to one basis, but rarely asked
    I think you do a good job of showing your guitars and often spend time drooling over them!
  • Strat54 said:
    He does.
    I think you do a good job of showing your guitars and often spend time drooling over them!