Low to moderate output pickups

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
I'm thinking about changing the pickups in my PRS Mira for something a little less hot. I currently have PRS Dragons in it and they overdrive practically everything i plug it into. I'm getting into slightly lower gain sounds, but still with a rock edge. I don't tend to play any leads at all its all chords and i'm usually tuned to drop C, so what are the recommendations? I'm tempted to go with the Seymour '59 in both bridge and neck.

A few details about the guitar/rig.
 Its a PRS Mira X, made from Limba which is incredibly light but its also very lively, Pau Ferro fingerboard and i usually string up with 10.5-48 gauge strings. For rehearsals and live work i use a Budda SD18, so its pretty important that i can get decent clean up on the volume knob.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Oil city are a good bet...

Deaci make some lovely paf copies LP59 zero is the underwound then "one" is normal and iirc "two" a little hot.  All of which clean up lovely on volume control and are very dynamic too 
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II sound like they fit your spec very well.

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1797
    I Like the good old SH1 SH4 it's a good uncomplicated rock sound that for a lot of stuff hits the spot. Some see them as a bit of a cliche these days in the world of finnesed boutique PAF's.  If it was mine I would look for a a bit more of a classic PAF lower output, so Lollar Imp, Fralins, Oil City of this parish do a great range of humbuckers, then use a pedal if I need a heavier drive sound.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I've been doing a lot of research on pickups lately and I must say that I am really taken with the OX4 pickups offerings. They sound really good to my ears and his customer service is stunning. Even with all my annoying g questioning lol. Expensive but still cheaper than a set of SDs I believe 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/