Buying a guitar with PayPal Credit

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 960
There is currently a guitar I’d like on EBay. I can’t afford it as a one hit cost, so looking at PP Credit option. I have a £3k credit limit on my account. Does anyone know if this option is available on all EBay transactions once you click Buy It Now, or only on selected goods? I don’t want to mess the seller around by finding out the hard way!! Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8824
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader
    Can you pay it off within 4 months? It’s interest free for the first 4 months I believe then it jumps to 17.9%. As someone who has spent a long time paying off a lot of bad debt I’d add the 17.9% onto the price and see if it still looks attractive. 

To answer your question I think when you go to PayPal to finalise payment it will prompt you with paying from your balance or your credit. It’s constantly trying to get me to pay using my credit which is a PITA. I pay all of my suppliers via PayPal so I have to bypass it every time.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Thanks.

Its a great price. Assuming the 17.9% is an APR, so was thinking I’d stretch my payments out to 6 months and calculate about £40 over the two months. 
  • Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
    As long as the guitar is from a UK seller you can pay with PP credit. It won’t let you (or didn’t with me) if you’re buying from USA for example 
  • rossirossi Frets: 1705
    My PP credit is 12.9%APR.i havnt used much of it though ,its handy if you see something and need to buy it quick as its a bargain ..
  • SparkySparky Frets: 90
    If you can pay it off within the interest free period it's a no brainer. Otherwise don't get sucked in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1541
    Perhaps, if you are thinking of purchasing a guitar on credit, then a credit card with a long 0% period (and well exercised control of further spending) might be a better way to go? However, if time is critical (as it might be on eBay), this might not work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    edited June 2018
    I think it shows up under "Payments" on the item description if it will be available.

Or to put this another way, I think it doesn't show up under "Payments" on the item description if it ISN'T available.

Also, if you click "Buy it Now", but then can't complete check out because your preferred payment method isn't an option, the seller will never know.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Remember that interest is calculated when you took the loan out not when the free period expires 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10265
    edited June 2018
    As Prlgmnr says, If you hit buy it now it’ll ask for your payment options, then you just cancel. 

Normally anything bought using PayPal in the UK can be bought with credit. 

Didnt realise it it could up that much! I’m on £1200!
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Don’t get into debt for the sake of a guitar lads 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited June 2018
    This should be an insta ban. I come here looking to get talked into buying that £4K R9 I played in the shop that day, not talked out of it. That’s the wife’s job!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1028
    I take it that the guitar is real and not a fake ?  Do you have a link to the guitar ?
    “Ken sent me.”
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7788
    Posts sexy guitar pics and puts fuel on the GAS fire..... then runs away.