SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Excelsior Valve Amp for Sale - Sort of refinned... SOLD

simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 684
edited June 2018 in Amps £
All-valve Fender amp for £200? You betcha.

Does it sound amazing with a Fender Jaguar? If you ever wondered what all those switches were for, wonder no longer. This amp is so responsive to changes on the guitar. I guess it needs to be given it's limited controls...! There are of course the 3 different inputs which really help change up the sound, too, as well as the glorious valve-controlled tremolo. Yum!

As for how it looks, I can only apologise (though actually I get more compliments and questions about this amp than any guitar or anything else I've gigged with - people seem to love it!). The original brown vinyl was perfect, really well finished. Then I got cats. Then my cats clawed the crap out of it and one dark, depressed evening I decided I'd had enough and ripped the vinyl off with my bare hands. There's still a little bit inside the back. Otherwise, it's been "stripped back to natural" and actually looks really good for it. Despite the DIY appearance, there are actually no marks, scuffs or dents in it beyond those that are inherent due to the fibreboard construction.

I've put £200 on this but I'm open to offers, I'm not really sure what these are worth in the new topsy-turvy world we find ourselves in. Either way it's an awful lot of very giggable and supreme sounding amp for the money. And not many amps come with a 15 inch speakers so there's that, too.

Ideally collection/meet in Hampshire, Surrey or London, though I travel a lot so may be able to meet more or less anywhere depending on when!

https://imgur.com/mc5BLWQ
2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom