SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Classic 70s Stratocaster and Hondo H935 / 335 x2

simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 684
edited June 2018 in Guitars £
FENDER CLASSIC SERIES 70S STRAT £450
Lovely 70s Strat, big headstock, vintage spacing, vintage radius, great sounding pickups, bent-steel Fender saddles rather than cast ones, a kind of best of both worlds. You guys know your stuff, you know the deal. Really nails all the classic Strat sounds.
Bought on here 6 months ago, no marks, really excellent condition.
Pics: https://imgur.com/a/dOsiPOM

TWO HONDO H935 335 COPIES £160 each
One is walnut with a glorious tiger flame top, one is cherry sunburst with a plain top. One is mahogany neck, one is maple neck. One is lighter, one is heavier. One has vintage-y pickups, one higher output. One is I THINK early 80s, the other late 80s. Both made in Korea by Samick at the same time they were making the much touted Epiphones of the time. Couldn't be more different from each other. Really unusual. Both have their own merits. I like the sound of the cherry one best, I like the feel of the brown one. Would like to keep one, hoping one sells before the other so I can justify holding on to one!
The walnut has had its guard screwed on for left handed for a time, then put back again leaving holes (well done, genius!). It also had its f-holes painted white, I think. The knobs are replacements, the originals are long gone, though I think these are better.
Cherry sunburst is fully bound body and neck, grovers, really nice pickups... And someone put a big sticker behind the bridge leaving a faded area. I have put my own sticker on to try and cover this but to no avail. Worth bearing in mind that you'll need a big round sticker if this bothers you!
Pics Walnut: https://imgur.com/a/ocSxvYx
Pics Cherry SB: https://imgur.com/a/aIh3C

Based Hampshire/Surrey/London so would prefer to meet up. None of these have hard cases so probably best! May also be coming to a town near you soon(!) so may be able to meet elsewhere, up north or down south.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 54
    Which of the two is the lighter..?

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 684
    The walnut one is lighter. And more resonant acoustically to my ears - reminds me of a 330 in that respect.
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 684
    Bumpity. Mainly for the Strat as lots of interest in the 335s once I can get them to people.

Strat reduced to Fo' Fiddy.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    PM'd