SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vintage 1960 Gibson Melody Maker, all ‘59 spec single cut with DUAL FAT PICKUPS!

What's Hot
jumping@shadowsjumping@shadows Frets: 1277
edited June 2018 in Guitars £
Hi all, up for sale is the coolest original single cut Melody Maker I’ve come across!

It’s super clean, feather weight with original finish and parts, and best of all has the very rare ‘59 spec dual fat pickups which sound every bit as good as P90s, and far superior to the anaemic post ‘60 narrow ones far more commonly seen.

The fat neck is is exactly what you’d find on a ‘59 Jnr/Special/Burst etc, and is supremely comfortable, and the original frets are in excellent shape, and save an aged boutique wraptail the guitar is fully stock.

Single cut MM’s are rare in the U.K./EU, and this is the first dual fat pickup one I’ve had in over 15 years in the vintage industry, so this is the ‘one to have’.

Price is £2250 OBO including free shipping and a good quality hard case.

Thanks for looking, and I can send any photos as requested. J@S

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Thanks for the PM’s! ;-)
    Here’s some more pics as requested.

The case is a genuine ‘80s Gibson Melody Maker case so fits like a glove.

Weight is a feather light 5.33lbs, and it really rings like a tuning fork, and with the fat pickups is every bit a compelling as a ‘59 Les Paul Special, at a fraction of the price! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SOLD PENDING PAYMENT  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    WOW that was quick 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom