You know you were probably in the wrong job...

What's Hot
ICBMICBM Frets: 72650
When you announce you're going to retire and the company shares go up by 9% :D.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10724
    He's probably a major shareholder! Fancy getting rich just by resigning!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    And they say the Americans don't do irony   :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33846
    LOL.
  • viz said:
    He's probably a major shareholder! Fancy getting rich just by resigning!
    Whereas in this country you can get rich by ballsing the job up completely and then getting sacked for it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17670
    tFB Trader
    Whereas in this country you can get rich by ballsing the job up completely and then getting sacked for it.
    Err, I think that's what just happened. 

Balmer voluntarily retiring at 57 is as plausible as the tooth fairy. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15622
    each time I've left a job productivity has gone up. Never got any thanks for it tho :(

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26755
    edited August 2013
    Meanwhile, it seems that Apple have just been royally bent over the table by Steve Jobs' careless emails...

All in all a pretty good day for Linux, I'd say.
    <space for hire>
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    VimFuego said:
    each time I've left a job productivity has gone up. Never got any thanks for it tho :(

Ah yes, Mr Fuego, I'm sorry we've got to let you go, it's either you or Bertrand, but the law says Bertrand stays as he's only 3 months old. And a spaniel. :|

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

tFB Trader
    Meanwhile, it seems that Apple have just been royally bent over the table by Steve Jobs' careless emails...

All in all a pretty good day for Linux, I'd say.
    That's not really a huge revelation though. It's pretty hard to see the 30% demanded by Apple for in app purchases as anything but a land grab.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15622
    yeah, fucking other species. Coming over here and doing my job better than me.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

edited August 2013

Eh? I don't understand.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26755
    That's not really a huge revelation though. It's pretty hard to see the 30% demanded by Apple for in app purchases as anything but a land grab.
    I still like the way it ended - Apple throwing their weight around, saying "You need us, you'll do it our way and give us all your money while you're at it", so Amazon just put two fingers up at them and crippled their app on iDevices. I'm no great fan of Amazon, but that one definitely had me chortling some :)
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    viz said:

Eh? I don't understand.
    The story is that Balmer is retiring. The truth is that he's ballsed up the launch of the Surface Tablets, got owned by Sony on the XBox launch and everyone hates Windows 8. 
    I would be prepared to put a large sum of money on his being asked to resign by the MS board. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I meant what did you mean about the tooth fairy being implausible?