Hardtail JM build

What's Hot
@GSPBASSES has yet again managed to tempt me back into spending money on a guitar build, I saw the flamed roasted maple neck and had to have it. 

To go with the neck, I asked Graham to put together a hardtail JM body with a swimming pool route and one of his easy access neck finishes, it arrived this week whilst I was away on business, nice treat to come back to :D 

Plan is to oil the back of the neck and headstock, front of the headstock to be clear nitro once I can decide on a suitability daft decal. 

Body is is going to be painted black holoflake by the very talented @lamf68  - pickups I’m still not 100% decided, neck will be a mojo staple, not sure if to go for the same in the bridge, or a well suited humbucker. 

Its going to to be a slow burning project as most of the ‘spare money’ is going on the house as we’ve recently moved. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28538
    That fretboard is very saucy. And - while my opinion is irrelephant, it's your guitar - good choice on the paint. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Will be watching with interest.

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2376
    Plan changed slightly when I got the tub of ezeoil out and it had gone solid :D 

I had an unopened bottle of tru-oil, so giving that a go. 

First coat on the neck, think the logo might have to feature either stripy or tiger? 

Glad @GSPBASSES has started stamping his bodies and necks, shame it’s not on some of other work that others lay claim to. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AidanspaghettiAidanspaghetti Frets: 852
    edited June 2018
    Graham   does amazing work like many of the builders here!
    I'll be submitting a NGD thread very shortly  - made @GSPBASSES /painted @Iamf68/ powered @TheGuitarWeasel ;;;by Fretboard Guys.

That JM is gonna be beautiful - watching with interest
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    Oil coat number 2 :) - de-nibbed with 0000 then cleaned up with a tack cloth, then applied a thin coat of tru-oil. I tend to apply thin and rub in thoroughly, not after a high gloss finish. 

Thinking one more coat tomorrow, then I’ll leave it for a week before waxing with 0000 wirewool. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1698
    That neck is rather loverly!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oil dried, applied Briwax liberally with 0000 wire wool and buffed off. Looks great, I think the pictures make it look glossier than it is, it’s more of a deep sheen if that makes sense. 

I also waxed the fretboard too, helped to get rid of a bit of the tru-oil overspill

Headstock intentionally left as is, that will be clear coated by Rich with a decal. 

Ive also started on the pick guard template, once I’ve decided on P90 and hum, or 2x P90’s I’ll get that ordered. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom