What you doing today, Sunday?

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    KKJale said:
    I've been giving a statement to police after witnessing my neighbour being seriously assaulted by her husband. He's now behind bars, she's got facial injuries and has been treated by the paramedics, the other neighbour witness is badly shaken up and I'm now back in the flat re-running the whole thing wondering what I could have done different... but I guess that's normal.

Missed the whole game. 
    Visiting my mother is pretty miserable but that tops it. Hope you are feeling okay now and she is okay. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Woke up, gobbled down croissants, watched the footie. Watched the footie. Going to watch the footie.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31604
    Took my sister in law for her first ever motorcycle ride.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2m421yu.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    munckee said:
    poopot said:
    Laying on the sofa nursing an aching shoulder after being dumped very unceremoniously out of the back of a moving BMW X5 when the lower tailgate unlatched itself on a leafy country lane in Essex yesterday...

and watching the football!...
    I think we are going to need the full story of the BMW X5 @poopot was it a botched kidnap attempt?
    Ha... No, was shooting a cycle ride... tailgate opened... poopot flat on his arse... Apparently its on film so may well post it at some point! Low speed so no real drama... Pride took a bigger beating to be fair. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Slunk and moped about in the morning feeling truly sorry for myself in my new-found single status.
    Decided to act.  Now, having gained a few good insights from a really interesting book on human behaviour that I'm reading I decided not to do the thing of just reacting so I:
    a)  Went out for a bike ride -- hooray!  It was lovely out there.
    b)  Got beer -- hooray!  Enjoyed beer in the sunshine.
    c)  Booked a flight to the States -- hooray!  This is quite scary for me so I'm quite chuffed that I've done it.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Band practice for 4 hours. F*ck it was hot in there. Our first go at Comfortably Numb (My suggestion after hearing it at the Water Rats do) and believe we did it justice.  Yay.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    Up, took Daughter for a Math’s lesson, walk on Dartmoor, early pub lunch & beer, England footie, fixed car O/S/F wheel speed sensor, just missed out on a cheap Vick Audio rams head on EBay, Washed the car, more footie, got the mobile air con unit out for the Mrs..... :)
    p90fool said:

@p90fool -- curious where the pic was taken.  Last week I was in Llanbister which, iirc, is sort of your neck of the woods and just wondered if it was local to there?
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6690
    edited June 2018
    At home now after a few hours tweaking and playing the rear off of my new acquisition, which involved a return train ride from Brighton to Stevenage, then a car ride to Biggleswade and back with the most excellent forum member @skaguitar.

A good couple of hours in the company of and a fabulous instrument changed hands. I'm thinking this is a game changer. I'll possibly post a NGD if I can put the little bastard down for long enough (and I'm not referring to Andy......) 
    ;) 

Overall a good Sunday. And no footie. 
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 971
    merlin said:
    At home now after a few hours tweaking and playing the rear off of my new acquisition, which involved a return train ride from Brighton to Stevenage, then a car ride to Biggleswade and back with the most excellent forum member @skaguitar.

A good couple of hours in the company of and a fabulous instrument changed hands. I'm thinking this is a game changer. I'll possibly post a NGD if I can put the little bastard down for long enough (and I'm not referring to Andy......)  ;) 

Overall a good Sunday. And no footie. 
    lol... it was a good Sunday and was good meeting you sir... a trip to Brighton to sample beer is in order I think.. :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    A few of what flew over:

de Havilland DH84 Dragon

de Havilland DH89 Dragon Rapide. I had my first flight in one of these.

de Havilland DH82a Tiger Moth

de Havilland Canada Chipmunk

de Havilland DH87 Hornet Moth

a cheeky Apache Longbow getting in on the act. These fly by most days.

Focke Wulf Fw 44J Stieglitz

There were multiples of both Tiger Moths and Hornet Moths and all flew over in the space of a couple of hours. There was an event at the nearby Shuttleworth Collection and while I went yesterday and took lots of photos, this is just a small sample of what flew over this afternoon.

There's plenty that I don't like about living in Bedfordshire, but this ain't one of them!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3324
    Took daughter and nieces kids on an elf and fairy hunt, had a picnic. Drove home and went to jui jitsu practice and got choked by nearly everyone there for half an hour. 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited June 2018
    Grunfeld said:
    p90fool said:

@p90fool -- curious where the pic was taken.  Last week I was in Llanbister which, iirc, is sort of your neck of the woods and just wondered if it was local to there?
    Sister-in-law? Did you push her off? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777

There's plenty that I don't like about living in Bedfordshire, but this ain't one of them!
    I live not far from Sywell, and some of those planes look quite familiar! 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    A few of what flew over:

de Havilland DH84 Dragon

de Havilland DH89 Dragon Rapide. I had my first flight in one of these.

de Havilland DH82a Tiger Moth

de Havilland Canada Chipmunk

de Havilland DH87 Hornet Moth

a cheeky Apache Longbow getting in on the act. These fly by most days.

Focke Wulf Fw 44J Stieglitz

There were multiples of both Tiger Moths and Hornet Moths and all flew over in the space of a couple of hours. There was an event at the nearby Shuttleworth Collection and while I went yesterday and took lots of photos, this is just a small sample of what flew over this afternoon.

I knew that must be Shuttleworth Collection........I have been to a day there.......it amazed me how the old biplanes lift off the ground at such low speed ;I think they are probably just airborne by the time they hit 40mph
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Took kids to local park with friends and their kids. Had a picnic. Very hot. Came home and watched England match with eldest at his request...15mins in and he's asking for iPad. 30mins in and my youngest woke up from nap and wanted me, so had grumpy cuddle with him requetsing paw patrol all through second half. No...daddy's watching football.
    After football I put paw patrol on and wife told me to sit down, which I took to mean, get off your arse and do jobs, so I hung washing out, stripped and made beds etc. 
    Set up paddling pool for kids. They lost interest within minutes. Wife told me to sit down. So I played guitar for 10mins. Then all hell broke loose over paw patrol. Had dinner. Got kids to bed. They are still awake. Watched Josh Taylor fight from last night. Now having a cuppa and waiting for opportunity to tell/ask my wife that I would like to go and play my new Jazzmaster.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31604
    Grunfeld said:
    p90fool said:

Probably about 20 miles west of there, in the Cymystwyth valley. It's the Hafod estate, worth a Google, it has a fascinating history and is very beautiful. 
    Cheers, I'll be back there before the year's out so will have a look.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I worked sat and Sunday night :( hopefully kick back a little on Monday and fettle my new Steinberger before we go on Holiday 
  • Up early with the kids while MrsLostSon got a lie in.
    15k run once she Skyped her folks.
    Took kids out to a cycling event- the city centre was closed to cars, so we could cruise along the middle of the roads. 
    Ice cream on the way home then we got the paddling pool out & had 10kids running around the communal garden. 
    I tinkered with my bike, read my book then made pizzas for tea. 

Good day overall...

And I'm "working from home" today & the kids are all at school, so I have the garden to myself. Although I DO have 200 pages of government legislation to read for a course I'm on.