New (ish) Relic day

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12413
Ive had this 50s Tele for years, stripped it to the wood becasue the person I bought it off did a woeful relic job.

It used to look like this, the one on the right.

Then last week whilst fettling I managed to completely fuck up the winding on the neck pickup, rendering it unuseable. It wasnt great anyway.

Then I remembered I had the pickups from a 3/4 size Kay Strat knocking about and thought, hmmm....This could turn out really bad. But I had nothing to lose so after a bit of bodging with the dremel I installed it.

Then I thought while the thing was in bits I had somepaint left over from my old now long gone Esquire pictured above on the left.

Anyway that pickup from the old Kay, should sound like shit but no it doesnt it sounds nice clear and powerful, I think its actually a bridge pickup, they weren't slanted on the old Kay.

Anyway here it is, I likes it, had to be a light relic as the body was pretty dinged up to begin with. That pickup has breathed new life into it, who'd have thought it eh? The assortment of screws adds to the charm I think.

Its the one I would never sell simply because I love it and nobody would want it for more than £200

"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    I like that!  It appeals to my quirkiness!  

Love the colour mate. Not so sure about the neck pickup sloping but that's because I'm not very hip!!   

Enjoy it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Brilliant. Even the color of the pickup looks great.
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I haven't seen a blanket like that in years, very skilful.

\Oh and great guitar too.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12413
    Brilliant. Even the color of the pickup looks great.
    Yes its actually bright white under the ring, must have come from a very smokey house

Thinking of changing the bridge pickup now though! .
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    That's a lovely colour, and suits the relic.
    That pickup makes it look like a Fender Pawn Shop model, pretty cool.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.