Quips from the band/audience

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5003
    I've been to see Buzzcocks filmed a couple of times. First happened to be 11th September 2001. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996
    This song's called Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa well i had to get that off me chest ...

cant remeber who ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24352
    Philly_Q said:
    There were more than a few occasions on buzzcocks when lamarr crossed from banter to actual bitterness.

Funny character.
    And on Shooting Stars.  He never seemed to like the "Fifties throwback Mark Lamarr" jokes.
    Funny you should say that as it was a couple of people in the audience at the show I mentioned that were shouting that out and that's what changed his demeanour.  Wound him right up.  Truly one of TV's most unfunny, bitter little men.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I once went to a charity show compered by this twat....

He was combative with the audience from the start, and not in a funny way, but a "I'm better than you, you plebs" way.  Singularly unfunny, got heckled, threw his toys out of the pram and ended the show by singling out a woman who had light-heartedly heckled him a couple of times by saying nastily "and YOU..... (points), You're just a spiteful cunt" then walked off stage.

What a monumental bell end.
    ...and he's just been charged with common assault and false imprisonment. (Probably against a woman).  What a surprise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45532153
    Just to cheer you up, @Emp_Fab , they've closed the case against him - insufficient evidence!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45713740

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24352
    Yeah, but the world now knows he’s (likely) a wife-beater.  Like countless other women, she probably got scared of testifying in court.

or....

He could be completely innocent and the victim of a vindictive harpie.

Either way, he’s still an arsehole.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12399
    yorkio said:
    munckee said:
    To be fair the Milton Keynes Bowl has nowhere to get shade, I was there for REM in 95 supported by Blur and people were getting sunstroke and all drinks stands ran out of soft drinks by early afternoon,"
    There wasn't much need for shade on that occasion, as I recall - it absolutely lashed down for the entire day.
    You must have been in a different milton keynes?
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Samgb said:
    German thrash metal gods Kreator Liverpool (Royal Court? I forget) late '80s. 
    Guitarist in response to singer being spat at 'Hey you f**kers, if you want to spit? Spit at me!'
    Cue him disappearing in a hail of green phlegm that was literally dripping off him. Absolutely rank, there are some dirty bastards out there. 

Ah, Mille Petrozza!

Infamous for his audience salutations: "Ihr Penner!" (This is really hard to render well, perhaps: "You dipshits!")

:lol:

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    munckee said:
    yorkio said:
    munckee said:
    To be fair the Milton Keynes Bowl has nowhere to get shade, I was there for REM in 95 supported by Blur and people were getting sunstroke and all drinks stands ran out of soft drinks by early afternoon,"
    There wasn't much need for shade on that occasion, as I recall - it absolutely lashed down for the entire day.

They played 3 nights, it's possible for both to be true. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    2 words.............Bernard Manning !
    munckee said:
    yorkio said:
    munckee said:

They played 3 nights, it's possible for both to be true. 
    I know just thought it weird to suggest I was wrong, I was there, it was red hot.  Think I was on the saturday.
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173

I know just thought it weird to suggest I was wrong, I was there, it was red hot.  Think I was on the saturday.

Oops, looks like my quoting went a bit wonky there! I meant it lashed it down at Milton Keynes for the Genesis Six of the Best Gig and it was your response to that that I was replying to. (Although rereading it now, I'm not sure it – my reply, that is – made much sense anyway.)
    yorkio said:

Oops, looks like my quoting went a bit wonky there! I meant it lashed it down at Milton Keynes for the Genesis Six of the Best Gig and it was your response to that that I was replying to. (Although rereading it now, I'm not sure it – my reply, that is – made much sense anyway.)
    The bowl is a great place to watch music, unless its hot or raining, the other three days its great : )
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    There were more than a few occasions on buzzcocks when lamarr crossed from banter to actual bitterness.

Funny character.
    ISTR someone on here back in the Intermusic days saying they went to a filming of Buzzcocks and that Lamarr came across as a thoroughly unpleasant person.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    edited October 2018
    I saw Bad News at Reading.
    Truly hilarious from one end to the other (do hunt the boot) - the bottling level was truly surreal - they were pretty much wading in plastic at the end.

The heroes of the day though were Terraplane (forerunner of Thunder), when our still hairy singer caught a full bottle and foolishly took a swig (it was!).  This single act turned them from "who?" to "heroes" in a heartbeat.
    Wasn't it Donington? Skip to around 7 minutes in for the throwing part.....
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2mvu7u
  • LoFi said:
    Lamarr came across as a thoroughly unpleasant person.
    I think that's because he is.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    A comedy night rather than a gig, at the Komedia in Brighton. There was a big bunch of blokes at the back who talked, really loudly, through every act. A few audience members told them to shut up, but they just carried on. You could see the performers were getting really pissed off with it too. Eventually the MC came out with "Those guys at the back, if you want to talk and catch up with each other, why don't you just fuck off to the pub next door? It's like you're paying to go into a brothel and then having a wank".
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Nitefly said:

... they've closed the case against him - insufficient evidence!
    rather like the BBC did - insufficient talent...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    We were playing in a pub in Salford years ago nd a bunch of lads were in there with big mouths, the worst one being a chap of diminutive stature, at the end of a song he shouted “you’re fucking shit” our singer said “if you’re going to heckle at least have the balls to stand up and say it”. Didn’t go down too well....
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom