Looking for old Guitar Techniques tab - Manhattan

What's Hot
RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
Probably a long shot but thought this place is the best hope I've got at finding it.

Going back several years (late 90s early 2000s?) Guitar Techniques did a transcription of Eric Johnson's Manhattan that did a pretty good job of condensing all the guitar parts down into a single track.

I hoping that some kind soul out there will have a copy that they are willing to part with or scan for me.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1659
    @bigjon ; might be able to help
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I can definitely help with the transcription and covermount CD audio.

According to this site https://sites.google.com/site/guitarmagsongs/ it was published in the August 1999 issue, so there's a good likelihood that I even have a spare copy that I could sell on.

I've still got your addy from last time, I'll have a rummage and be in touch.

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Got a pdf of it if you still need it, just ping me a pm with your email  =)
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Thanks both.

I've messaged @Vibetronic about the pdf but if you've got a copy of the mag (with or without CD) I'd be more than happy to send a bit of cash your way for it @DLM ;
    GDrive link should be with you now :)
    Many thanks to both of you.

I'd forgotten how daunting parts of the solo are.  Should keep me busy for a good long while.
    Not that I've put the time in to learn it myself, but: Troy Grady seems to have figured out exactly how Johnson does those lines, and more importantly how to teach it, so his materials should help you get there faster. :)
    Way ahead of you there - I've been working through the picking primer course.  Still building up speed with the Yngwie patterns but will probably skip ahead a bit as the EJ material is of a lot more interest to me.
    if it's of interest, I've found an Eric Johnson tab book (sort of best-of) and the tab to his Hotlicks video too from the same source. 
    oh and the whole of Ah Via Musicom :)

@Vibetronic Thanks to the once-excellent public library service, I've seen those and tried to play from them eons ago. It didn't work for me, but it was probably too soon. I wish I'd had CtC back then! Oh, and YouTube. I just didn't have the knowledge/talent to see what needed to be done differently.

@Vibetronic thanks but I've already got Ah Via Musicom somewhere and, if the other hotlicks videos are anything to go by, I'm not sure the tab will be all that accurate to what Eric actually plays.

Just spent my lunchtime on the first part of the EJ section of CtC.  I'd tackled the descending 5s pattern before years ago when I tried to learn the intro to cliffs of dover (way before I had any chance of playing it) and I always wondered how the hell it was done.  I can't play it anywhere near that sort of speed but even at a moderate tempo you start to get the Eric Johnson cascading effect once you incorporate the sweep after the 5th note.
    no probs  =) Can't say I've had a look yet myself; only EJ tab I have is an ancient one of Cliffs of Dover from Guitar for the Practicing Musician, which was a really good transcription IIRC. 
    can you link us to a good CTC EJ starting video??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

The more in depth stuff is behind a paywall - I think the pickslant primer (the one I've got) is $55 from Troy Grady's website and covers Yngwie, Eric Johnson John McLaughlin and others.  The even more in depth, player specific courses vary but are, from memory, quite a bit more expensive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've watched a few of the CtC videos on pick slanting.. whilst I understand the premise, I'm not sure I am actually putting it into practice although I certainly don't pick at 90 degrees to the string so maybe I do this already...  I guess it's not going to improve my speed and fluidity overnight lol
    My trading feedback