Anyone Dealt With GunCotton Guitars in London?

What's Hot
peteripeteri Frets: 1283
Just come across them on Reverb/the interweb
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    i was close to.. but i got the "eeby jeebies" and decided not to proceed.. cant put my finger on why, just something didn't feel right. 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Interesting - if you feel able, please PM more deets?
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    They have some SERIOUSLY nice stuff in....I've been close to liberating that Epiphone Coronet from there for the last 2 years but it's just such a faff for me to get there from Worcester!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
    Owned by the bass player of The Fabulous Penetrators Clement Cachot-Coulom....think he's French.
  • I’ve known Clem for a decade and he’s an absolute gentleman, and straight as they come- the calibre of his stock attests to that too imo :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

To answer my own question, I've now got the 64 SG he had, and happy with it.

Like most vintage guitars, it was a bit of a journey - Clem and I found out a few things along the way about the guitar.

What I'm very happy about is the whole experience - Clem travelled to me twice to let me demo the guitar, gave me all the time in the world, and even restrung some of my guitars while he waited (my string winding isn't to his standard apparently!)

Having picked up the guitar yesterday, it is honeymoon period - but the little value adds are very nice, a branded USB drive with all the pictures of the guitar on for example - very, very appreciated.

Throughout the process he's been remarkably BS free, unwilling to criticise other dealers, and just a nice guy to deal with - recommended!

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom