Dual guitar cases

What's Hot
mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
I am trying to ease the load in/out of gigs process and as I always take two guitars to a gig (main and spare) I have been looking at dual guitar cases to carry them both in one go.

Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations? I know Mono have a good reputation and the M80 looks good, any others I should consider?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3280
    No...get the Mono ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Mono are great 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Scott Dixon.      
    I use the triple case and they are fantastic.    He’ll make whatever you want so I’m sure he will do a double case.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    I have the mono twin. It’s superb
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    edited June 2018
    They are also ridiculously expensive ! what a rip off, better to get 2 decent ones and use elastic ties 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2460
    I just picked up a couple of the Gator Pro Go double. Looked at the Mono and the price made my fillings itch. I know they’re as good as you can get but they’re just a bit too rich for me. The Gator is fantastic quality. Highly recommend. They also do an acoustic/ electric one which I’ll pick up at some point. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I'm the same as Ross, I cant justify a mono as much as I'd like one but I got the gator for £129 as a birthday present. The gator pro is brillant thou, huge pockets which open wide to get stuff in, huge padding, solidly made zips  really good straps, clips etc. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    I have the Mono double, it’s a great case but they are ridiculously expensive these days. 
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Silly question, but I'll ask it anyway.......

Is there any value to a double case? Surely the weight makes it cumbersome enough to be the only item you can carry. You can carry two single cases at the same time, so it is the same amount of trips to the van....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    SNAKEBITE said:

Is there any value to a double case? Surely the weight makes it cumbersome enough to be the only item you can carry. You can carry two single cases at the same time, so it is the same amount of trips to the van....

I have a fender branded dual case, with two guitars in and that on my back I have both arms free for my head and pedalboard. It's heavy but manageable.
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    I have a Mono and it’s superb although it was quite expensive. However it does routinely carry £5K’s worth of guitars so it’s still good value IMO.

Fusion are worth a look, I think theirs is under £200. They make very good cases too.

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5055
    Get two PRS SE gigbags and carry them both in one hand or on one shoulder.  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • iain.reverbiain.reverb Frets: 246
    I am trying to ease the load in/out of gigs process and as I always take two guitars to a gig (main and spare) I have been looking at dual guitar cases to carry them both in one go.

Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations? I know Mono have a good reputation and the M80 looks good, any others I should consider?
    https://reverb.com/item/13391911-flight-case-dual-stratocaster

You could buy this off of quite possibly Italy's Strongest Man
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

Remember to check out our Bank Holiday Sale 15% off New, Used and Vintage
    https://reverb.com/uk/sales/bank-holiday-sale

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    If you value your guitars you won't trust them to anything but proper Hiscox cases. @SNAKEBITE 's comment about 1 in each hand still means the same number of trips to the van applies.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    The Thomann one I have is pretty good - and cheap - if it's just going in your car.
    Wouldn't trust it in a van load of squashy things
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Fusion are very good, as @Matt1973 says, UK company, and I think free shipping over £50

PSA - 5% off at the moment with code: NAMM5

I have some of their stuff, and am very pleased with it.  They have backpacks that can be attached on to the gigbag (or used separately) which is handy - though with a double gig bag, that would be too much weight!

The double electric bag is the the 'Urban Double Electric' at £196.96 list - https://www.fusion-bags.com/collections/guitar-gig-bags/products/fg-double-electric-guitar-gig-bag?view=new

BTW, their 'Funksion' bags are pretty basic, but the other ones I've got are very high quality.  I've not actually used or seen their double bag though.

• I'm still using a Ritter Performance dual gig bag. It was as much as I could afford at the time but it's held up really well for over a year and a half so far and shows no signs of wear.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1486
    I have the reunion blues double bass case and it is great.  I got it when I used to live in Hoboken and was gigging in Manhattan, using public transportation.  It can get heavy though, depending on the basses (I used a Modulus Graphite 5-string and an @WezV fretless long scale LP DC style).  Nowadays, when I am driving, I have so much stuff to take that I never thing of using it.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I just picked up a couple of the Gator Pro Go double. Looked at the Mono and the price made my fillings itch. I know they’re as good as you can get but they’re just a bit too rich for me. The Gator is fantastic quality. Highly recommend. They also do an acoustic/ electric one which I’ll pick up at some point. 
    To be fair though my Mono has lasted 7 years plus now and countless gigs so I think it is value for money
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214

SNAKEBITE said:

I put the case on my back and can still swing a shoulder bag an L2 in its trolly case and the Helix bag in the other