GAK - Discount

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
10% off all B stock and ex-display - some good stuff on there, an ES 345 in Olive green, a Vox AC30 handwired, a 68 Deluxe...

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/ex-demo-b-stock-pre-owned
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    Hattigol said:
    10% off all B stock and ex-display - some good stuff on there, an ES 345 in Olive green, a Vox AC30 handwired, a 68 Deluxe...

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/ex-demo-b-stock-pre-owned
    Check prices elsewhere.

Some of those B stock prices are rather high before the 10% reduction.  Like this one:

That's listed at £869, which is suspiciously high for a B stock when Andertons have it at £856:

With the 10% it's about what you would expect for a B Stock, but you aren't making any massive savings through this promotion.  It's just a marketing gimmick.

It is putting me right of buying from GAK in the future though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Right enough on that one. But there looked some good deals elsewhere on there, not least the 345...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GAK are one of the most expensive on B-stock and secondhand items. Some of them ridiculous 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry for wasting everybody's time.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    We're on a messageboard about Guitars in the middle of a working day. We're here to waste time :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Agreed @johnl but you put a post like this up and you get people trawling through the page to point out examples of ones that aren't bargains.

Now that's what I call wasting time.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    Hattigol said:
    Agreed @johnl but you put a post like this up and you get people trawling through the page to point out examples of ones that aren't bargains.

Now that's what I call wasting time.

I didn't start out looking for examples of ones that aren't bargains.  I started out looking for bargains and I couldn't find any.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    To be fair I'm glad you did. I've always had decent prices from GAK on new stuff and just assumed their 2nd hand stuff would be decently priced as well....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Is this just the two minute argument? I thought you paid for the five minute one.  
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    mbe said:
    Is this just the two minute argument? I thought you paid for the five minute one.  
    No I didn't

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4174
    McToot said:
    mbe said:
    No I didn't
    I saw you, you did.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Philtre said:
    McToot said:
    mbe said:
    No I didn't
    I saw you, you did.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom