Boss RC-3 looper

RockerRocker Frets: 4993
I am having difficulties with my RC-3 pedal. Simply put, I cannot decide what to put down on my loops! I am unsure what I want to do with the pedal. When I bought the pedal, I had hoped to save simple loops in Blues and Country styles. And to improvise over the loops. A bit like having a patient indulgent guitarist in the room with me for the times a musical idea might come into my head.

Suggestions appreciated and are there downloadable loops available anywhere to get me started. Thanks as always..
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Whenever I save tracks in a looper I can never find them again. I prefer a one-track looper for this reason. It also forces you to re-do your backing tracks whenever you want them, which is good practice.

Maybe puts some drum loops on there?
  • BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 412
    There is a load of tutorials on YouTube
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    The RC-3’s a nice pedal - I particularly like the basic drum patterns - get for sharpening up your timing.
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 413
    If you'd like some inspiration for some simple looping, have a look at a few 'Gregs Guitars' vids on YT.  He does use backing tracks as well so you might need a bit of seaching to find looper examples.  You don't need to throw down complex chord changes to practice a bit of improv.  In fact its better if you don't (to start with).

Here's one example of a simple blues...

No Darling....I've had that ages.