Zoom G3

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31631

close2u said:

Following on from a comment in the combo or amp thread....

p90fool said:
    close2u said:

If you want to travel light ... you could do Zoom G3X direct in to pa using XLR.

No amp involved at all.

That is an option I am hoping to explore pretty soon.

:)

That's what I've been doing for a year or so with great success, give me a shout if you want any tips etc.

Yes - that's definitely a conversation worth having.

I've just ordered myself an XLR cable and plan to practice through a pa v soon.

Cover songs ... so looking for / needing a range of tones ... maybe built around one 'core / default / go to' setting

I haven't forgotten, just very busy atm. I also just bought a video camera, so I thought it might be fun to share some ideas about how to get good results out of the G3.

I'm by no means an expert on the G3, but I have got mine to sound and feel very "amp-like" in a live context, so when I get this weekend out of the way I'll hopefully get a chance to play with my camera, and you can all take the piss out of my stage presence ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997

look forward to it

:)

• Tbelcher6Tbelcher6 Frets: 0
    edited October 2016
    My Zoom G3x has very hot settings on all the modules,  So I barely nudge the gains and set the tones at 1/2 approx  when recording with a live band.  I send a Zoom G3x via direct XLR to the control room and then send the 1/4" output to a guitar amp in the performing room.  For me the levels match and there is no tone loss that I can hear.