South Coast Places??

What's Hot
lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2578
edited June 2018 in Off Topic
Looking to head down the coast for a day trip but where to go?? is the question...

I have a 10 and and 13 yo... so a promenade/area for skating along would be good

Not looking for the obvious; Brighton, Bournemouth etc. But something a bit different where the masses don't frequent every time the sun pops out...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7307
    Southbourne is lovely and way quieter than Bournemouth, nice little high street for lunch too.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2578
    Southbourne is lovely and way quieter than Bournemouth, nice little high street for lunch too.
    Is that east of Bournemouth?
    @DrCornelius ; - I should know afteral was going to move down that part of the world a few years ago  :o
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7307
    Me too funny enough, like most good things the kids put a stop to it.  Yes East of Bournemouth and walkable to Boscombe pier too.
    Me too funny enough, like most good things the kids put a stop to it.  Yes East of Bournemouth and walkable to Boscombe pier too.
    Coincidence!! Subsidence sunk our dream literally. Still think it worked out for the best, for now at least...
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12481
    If you want quiet then Goring is nice, we used to take our Chocolate Lab down there in the summer. Only trouble is there’s bugger all there to do for your kids, literally just a couple of cafes and the (stony) beach. You can walk for miles along the edge of the sea and it rarely gets crowded. 

Bride of Boogie and self want to buy down that way eventually, we love the Rye area in particular. BofB lived by the sea in her youth and is pining to go back there again, we’ve just got to wait till my ancient mother shuffles off the mortal coil. 
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    If you choose Bournemouth, aim to arrive no later than 10am, and earlier is probably better. Wait any longer and you will be in be sitting in traffic queues for quite a while.
    boogieman said:
    If you want quiet then Goring is nice, we used to take our Chocolate Lab down there in the summer. Only trouble is there’s bugger all there to do for your kids, literally just a couple of cafes and the (stony) beach. You can walk for miles along the edge of the sea and it rarely gets crowded. 

Bride of Boogie and self want to buy down that way eventually, we love the Rye area in particular. BofB lived by the sea in her youth and is pining to go back there again, we’ve just got to wait till my ancient mother shuffles off the mortal coil. 
    Thanks man but Goring sounds boring  =) think Worthing might be better for kids :+1: 
    If you choose Bournemouth, aim to arrive no later than 10am, and earlier is probably better. Wait any longer and you will be in be sitting in traffic queues for quite a while.
    Yeah that and the 40 thousand that head there is the reason we won't be ;)
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Bexhill is ok and has a pretty good prom
    rawk100 said:
    Bexhill is ok and has a pretty good prom
    Never been. I'll put it on the list ;) we are enroute to Worthing..
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12500
    You should have said you were hitting the south coast, you could have come to costa del lee on the solent, we could have taken the kayaks out, had a beach barbie.  Except I'm watching the world cup of course!
    munckee said:
    You should have said you were hitting the south coast, you could have come to costa del lee on the solent, we could have taken the kayaks out, had a beach barbie.  Except I'm watching the world cup of course!
    Right @munckee ; I'll hold you to that! What's the score?
    2-2 as of three seconds ago!
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2838
    Dymchurch - really old fashioned in some respects but massively long promenade / flood defence, and pubs, shops, cafes, but of a fair 
    edited June 2018
    4-2 now!  You'd be welcome down my manor lovestrat, full disclosure our beach though lovely is shingle not sand.  We do have beach arcade and more tearooms than eastbourne though!

edit, 4-2 to france!
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2355
    tFB Trader
    You could try God's waiting room, formerly known as Eastbourne,  if you have children who like in-line rollerblading, Eastbourne has all you need, to the east of the main promenade. There's also a BMX park which is also used by skateboarders and rollerbladers. Also down by these places is about a mile long dead flat prom put there specifically skateboarders and in-line bladers. Shopping is a bit crap, but down by the main prom near and on the peer there are really nice places to have tea and cake or coffee and doughnuts. One thing Eastbourne is not a bucket and spade resort. Very clean, very quiet, I think this time of the year at least 80 percent of the population are OAP's, but come down on the last Wednesday of the month through the summer of mine road up to the seafront and the shopping centre is taken over by bikers, especially Harley-Davidson riders. And of course, if you're interested in buying the neck and the body to build you can pop in and see me, I also make a great cappuccino.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Haha brilliant @GSPBASSES You got there in the end! I do like a cappuccino :)
    munckee said:
    4-2 now!  You'd be welcome down my manor lovestrat, full disclosure our beach though lovely is shingle not sand.  We do have beach arcade and more tearooms than eastbourne though!

edit, 4-2 to france!
    :+1: 
    sev112 said:
    Dymchurch - really old fashioned in some respects but massively long promenade / flood defence, and pubs, shops, cafes, but of a fair 
    Sounds good defo look it up.