South Coast Places??

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30970
    Lulworth Cove.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1027
    How about Langney? You could have a night out there afterwards.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited June 2018
    skating you say? & they can bring their bmxs too. hastings is huge for skate & bmx.
    underground & overground skate-bmx parks & miles of wide cycle-pathed promenade too.
    http://www.leisureopportunities.co.uk/images/HIGH8864_95666.jpg
    https://www.sourcebmx.com/en/Source-Park-Areas/cc-68.aspx

about five mins walk from Source you will find Deano's little shop.
    https://www.facebook.com/GoldenAxeMusicShop/
    https://twitter.com/petedoherty/status/859813708591190021

a few doors down from GoldenAxe there's Wow& Flutter for vintage vinyl, comics & tings.
    https://wowandflutterhastings.com/

lots of other things to do in Hastings central & then there's the Old Town which is pretty good for all things food & drink. ye olde pubs etcetera.

Bexhill (suggested above) is about 15mins drive away. The De La Warr Pavillion is the big thing there. superlush cool & light grade 1 art deco bauhaus-connected building & venue (Rufus Wainright on tonight but sold out).
    bexhill is also good for quieter beaches than hastings.
    https://www.dlwp.com/whats-on/

20 mins down the road from bexhill you will find eastbourne. a nicer pier than Brighton. not so huge & manic & with more of the original old features. & lovely white fairy lights all along pier & along the length of the promenade after dark. perfect for pre bed-time late & cool stroll.
    & then there's the spectacular views. mind the gap...

anyway, some ideas.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12438
    Gassage said:
    Lulworth Cove.
    It is lovely there plus swanage and studland bay.

I nipped to the shop earlier James and took this about 500 yards from my house, this Lee on the Solent beach, you can see the roof of the arcae right by the sea, the building next door contains an indian restaurant, a kebab shop and of course a leaflet printing company.  In front of the arcade is the skate park.  They have just got funding to make a splash park as well.

https://i.imgur.com/UlIo1fF.jpg

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3337
    munckee said:
    Gassage said:
    Lulworth Cove.

Agree with the above and if you want to knacker them out, start at Lulworth Cove and take the uphill walk to the stunning Durdle Door (70 ft natural arch).

West Wittering is a lovely beach but it costs to park and get on it and it can be busy. Camber Sands is the same.

Weymouth and Lyme Regis are nice or if you want something closer, try Worthing as an alternative to Brighton. Even on sunny days, we've always found free parking and the eateries are ok or there are shops nearby to pick up snacky things. There's a promenade, too.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    munckee said:
    4-2 now!  You'd be welcome down my manor lovestrat, full disclosure our beach though lovely is shingle not sand.  We do have beach arcade and more tearooms than eastbourne though!

edit, 4-2 to france!
    You might have more room's . But have you got a Victorian style tearoom with crystal chandeliers, you are served by waitresses in full Victorian style waitress outfits white pinnies little white hat ( very sexy). The tea is served in proper China teapots and cups and proper tea leaves no teabags. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

GSPBASSES said:
    munckee said:
    4-2 now!  You'd be welcome down my manor lovestrat, full disclosure our beach though lovely is shingle not sand.  We do have beach arcade and more tearooms than eastbourne though!

edit, 4-2 to france!
    You might have more room's . But have you got a Victorian style tearoom with crystal chandeliers, you are served by waitresses in full Victorian style waitress outfits white pinnies little white hat ( very sexy). The tea is served in proper China teapots and cups and proper tea leaves no teabags. 
    We don't pretend its 1880 no.  Do the waitresses have rickets for authenticity? : )

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2535
    Back now. Spend a good day out in Worthing as it's not too far to travel. Thanks for all the tips and tourist info above. Won't be short on ideas next time especially if this 76esc weather keeps up ;)
    Oh ... and just sitting down to watch highlights of today's footie :)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12442
    Kebabkid said:
    munckee said:
    Gassage said:
    Lulworth Cove.

Agree with the above and if you want to knacker them out, start at Lulworth Cove and take the uphill walk to the stunning Durdle Door (70 ft natural arch).

West Wittering is a lovely beach but it costs to park and get on it and it can be busy. Camber Sands is the same.

Weymouth and Lyme Regis are nice or if you want something closer, try Worthing as an alternative to Brighton. Even on sunny days, we've always found free parking and the eateries are ok or there are shops nearby to pick up snacky things. There's a promenade, too.
    I have fond memories of Lulworth, involving a  weekend of unbridled lust with an old flame (well before I met Bride of Boogie I hasten to add). It is a lovely part of the country...the cove has a nice beach, the castle is a shell but still worth a visit, Durdle Dor and the coastal path as mentioned. Monkey World isn’t too far away either. 

The beach is great at the Witterings, agreed, but it gets absolutely rammed, specially on sunny weekends. You really need to get there early. That’s basically how we discovered Goring... we were heading for the Witterings mid morning but the queues started a couple of miles away so we decided to try to find somewhere quieter. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11364
    No-one's mentioned Margate yet...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    scrumhalf said:
    It’s actually not that bad. My wife and her brother lived there as teenagers and we went back for a visit to their old stamping grounds last December. There’s been some recent investment in the old town, round the Turner gallery and it's all ok. 

Still, there’s always the danger of running into @chillidoggy so maybe best avoided eh?  :3  ;)
    scrumhalf said:
    That reminds me... Chas n Dave are playing at the Clapton gig next week  ;)
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2940
    edited July 2018
    I live about 3 miles from Lulworth cove/Durdle Door.  They are stunning but it was packed yesterday.  Traffic heading down that way was non stop all day.  

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    boogieman said:
    <snip>
    Still, there’s always the danger of running into @chillidoggy so maybe best avoided eh?  :3  ;)

...speaking of whom, he's been remarkably quiet of late...

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Another vote for 'Aystins ...from someone who grew up there and has the knife wounds to prove it.

(Don't panic - it's a LOT nicer nowadays)  B)
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068
    Just a thought, but Lee On Solent?  

Fairly quiet, a skatepark next to the prom, a couple of nice, traditional cafes.   It's not sandy but is reasonably clean.  
    If you get bored there, Southsea is not far and a bit livelier....
    RobDavies said:

Fairly quiet, a skatepark next to the prom, a couple of nice, traditional cafes.   It's not sandy but is reasonably clean.  
    Where you been@robdavies. I posted pics of Lee and everything : )
    Nitefly said:
    boogieman said:
    <snip>
    Still, there’s always the danger of running into @chillidoggy so maybe best avoided eh?  3 

...speaking of whom, he's been remarkably quiet of late...

Maybe he’s on holiday. He was on here a couple of weeks back. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068
    RobDavies said:

Sorry, guv.  Completely missed that.  A couple of my work mates are kayakers and paddle boarders down there.... I know it because my mum lives in Stubbington.

Bet it's  been busy there this weekend?