Yamaha Revstar

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 960
edited June 2018 in Guitar
Popped in to Yamaha’s main store in Singapura shopping mall today. They have a big sale
on in Singapore at the moment. I really just popped in as haven’t played much since I arrived in April and its how I get my fix! Yamaha are the distributors for Orange here so fancied trying a Rocker 32. The amp is great. But I was really blown away by the Revstar. Chunky neck, but really comfy. Great pick ups, stable tuning! If I hadn’t picked up an awesome bargain in the UK that’s shipping out to me, i’d seriously consider buying one!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    They are great guitars - especially the mid to high end models. I’ll get one some day. 
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    I went down to Frets earlier this year to buy a Revstar 820 as I was visiting close by. It was a great guitar and I loved the neck and the feel of the whole guitar.

Unfortunately Neil had a new SG1820 for sale at a really great price and I came away with that as it was too good to miss!

I really do want a Revstar though as it left a great impression.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    The Revstar 620 is ridiculous value at £600. I played one in GAK when they first came out and thought they'd be a grand at least...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Revstar = good guitar. I tried one at the Brum guitar show and liked it. I already have an SG2k and am not really in the market for another DC solid, but if I were, then Revstar would be high on the list.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1392
    I saw someone on one of the festivals on tv recently using one. I can't remember who the heck it was though! Looks like a pretty cool guitar too,
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    edited July 2018
    Paul H makes a good advert for them
    https://youtu.be/YSxQlGm0QjQ
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    Try before you buy. I've only come across one so far - the two-humbucker 320 model - but it was overly heavy, muddy and characterless-sounding, and with an s-bend in the neck bad enough that it needed a substantial fret dress before it would play properly. Not good enough, for a Yamaha - even a fairly cheap one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    RS620 for me, pleez :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462

I'd agree with @ICBM - I've only played one (not sure which model) that Chandler's had really cheap in their closing down sale.  It was very heavy.  Didn't like it at all, although I did quite like the look of it.

I'm sure that there are good ones, but I wouldn't buy without trying.