SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[SOLD] Edwards E-EX-125E Explorer (2007)

What's Hot
wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
edited August 2018 in Guitars £
Here's my Edwards Explorer E-EX-125E

I bought it new from Japan back in June 2007 and stil have the customs paperwork with it. To get it safely to the UK I paid extra for the ESP explorer case and due to me being a bedroom musician (that's being generous) the case and the guitar are pretty much unmarked.

The only faults I would pick with the finish/surface are a couple of white dots on the headstock, which I've no idea what these are but want to make sure they're pointed out. I don't recall them ever being there or how they could have got there and I didn't want to risk trying to rub/scratch them off. You can see them on the end of the headstock pictures. The other fault, for want of a better word, is that in bright light you can see on the front a curved mark, like a sanding or brush mark. Again I've never touched this, it's how it came to me when purchased. It might rub off or just need a wipe down, but as it's a satin stained finish I didn't want to make a shiny or rubbed area. Other than that, which is being rather picky, the guitar is as new.

It plays really nice, I'm just not really an Explorer man and sadly having purchased it back in 2007, it's spent most of its life in its case as I never did get a suitable stand to keep it out somewhere to hand.

The spec as per the ESP website is as follows:

BODY Mahogany
NECK Mahogany
FINGERBOARD Rosewood, 22frets
RADIUS 305R
SCALE 628mm
NUT Bone (42mm)
INLAY Pearl Dot
JOINT Set-neck
TUNER GOTOH SG360-07
BRIDGE GOTOH GE103B & GE101Z
PICKUPS (Neck) EMG81 
(Bridge) EMG81
PARTS COLOR Black Nickel
CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone,Toggle PU Selector

I'm looking for a straight sale at £775 and you're welcome to come over and play it and be forced to drink numerous cups of tea and shame me by playing it far better than I ever could before making a final decision if interested. 
I'm based in Crich, near Matlock in Derbyshire and am happy to answer questions, take more photos, etc. just ask.

Weight wise, on our kitchen scales (the only suitable thing I had to hand, covered with a cloth when weighed) the guitar comes in at 6lb 14oz / 3.1kg and the case on its own at 12lb 3oz / 5.5kg or thereabouts.

Thanks for looking, pictures in the following post (hopefully!)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    Pictures...

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump for some Japanese loveliness
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    super cool

edited July 2018
    Thanks. Oh and if anybody spotted and was concerned about the "returned under warranty repair" on the Japanese docket, it wasn't, it was new and I hadn't asked them to do that but I think they did to try and circumvent the extra import costs, which clearly didn't work.
    Buy me!
    Sold to a lovely fella through gumtree and should now get played like it was meant to