Instruments/gear you MUST get around to fixing ... sometime

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    My big Flat screen TV. It has several thin black lines across the top (they change slowly over time). It's caused by the screen ribbon connectors not making the best connection and is an easy fix apparantly. I've got used to it and usually by the time I'm sat down to watch I can't be arsed to get up again and get the tools to take the back off and reseat the ribbons and put the case back together again, but one day Rodney...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    I have a 1980 Ibanez artist that needs fettling. The loom is a bit suspect and it needs setting up but I haven't got around to it for the last 15 yrs or so, so I may never get to it.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    Im just waiting for @HarrySeven ; to appear on this thread and break the internet 

Indeed. I don't think I could begin to enumerate the volume of "I'll get round to it one of the days..." projects in the stash. :(

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

revsorg said:
    My Fender The Strat is still sitting in pieces in my wardrobe...

Ah...that's one I can rehome for you (and it would go to the front of the repair queue) ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

ICBM said:

David5150 said:

- Line 6 vetta combo needs to be taken to the tip - bloody charity shop didn't want it and bugger all chance of selling it!!
    Someone here will probably have it for parts if it's going for free - the speakers must be worth something at least.
    Yes...me - I've got a Vetta head I may need spares for!

• David5150David5150 Frets: 118

Vetta Combo update

Has been donated to my Sons' school - replacing their knackered old peavey combo.

Glad to be shot of that big heavy lump of an amp!!

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930

My first good guitar, a 1980 Hamer Special, has been sitting in its case under my bed for at least 20 years with no bridge or electronics.  The finish reacted with the case lining and went all uneven and mottled, god knows what it looks like now.

I bought another Hamer Special, without any pickups, thinking I could recreate my original without all the butchery I carried out on it (Kahler tremolo etc).  But I'm not sure I can be bothered.

A PRS SE EG which has been lying around without pickups or hardware for about 10 years.

Enough parts and components to make about 20 partscasters, including a Tele neck and body I bought from Palm Bay Guitars(!) about 25 years ago and never even drilled the holes for the neck screws.

It's less than 15 years until I retire, then I'll have time on my hands....