DO I DON'T I? Boss GT1000

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28329

I think if you are big into your stomp boxes the helix can't compete. It's a good all rounder but it doesn't quite do the magical things some stomp boxes can do.
    But to be fair it does an awful lot of things that no stompbox setup can.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I've read a number of negative reviews on the GT1000 .. I must say I don't like the navigation and there are some workflow issues. This guy has a decent channel .. he's used just about every Line 6 modeller, including the Helix and the Axe-FX. Here are some of his thoughts ... think I'd need to try one. Not sure I fancy using smart phone to programme it either.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Musicman20 said:o
    andyoz said:
    Boss GT1000 is currently available for £750 ish...isn't that a fair bit less than the Line 6 Helix...?

Jesus the Helix is a big thing though.  Shame the Boss interface isn't better as I prefer the form factor of the Boss (even considering the external power supply)....and it's BOSS after all.  I', the type who will probably just settle on a few GO TOO sounds and not fiddle that much so maybe it's not a biggie.

A guy on an Ireland guitar forum did a good rundown and one comment he made was outta the box it wasn't setup to go straight into an amp...it was setup for FRFR cabinet and once that was fiddled with things got ALOT better sound wise.
    I agree. The Helix is FAR too big and heavy....if a company released a high end modeller/multi fx that was smaller and lighter, and cheaper (although maybe more than the Mooer) I'd try it. The Boss is a contender. 
    It's even heavier than my old Vox TLSE, and that's saying something!
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom