C'mon then show us your black guitars.

What's Hot

Comments

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Here's my black Ibanez Thingy. I've never found out what its official title is, but I bought it second hand from a shop in Coventry cos i liked it. It looks and plays very nicely, but it has a quite odd looking bridge and tailpiece combination that don't appear to do anything beyond what a normal set would. I can live with them though, I've seen worse (a LOT worse).

http://www.denniscopy.co.uk/img/Ibanez1.jpg
    http://www.denniscopy.co.uk/img/Ibanezbody.jpg

I like the look of that one very much!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    The Les Dennis! Hurrah!
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295

Pawn Shop with Oil City bridge pup and LTD with world's worst fake relic.

Terrible phone photo by me.

:ar!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538

Nice!  How's the Cow'T'Ron working in there?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Richardj said:

Nice!  How's the Cow'T'Ron working in there?
    Good. Only just played it a bit through my practice amp but a much better match with the neck single coil and generally clearer, less harsh than the original Fender bucker. Big improvement all round.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    The 'Jellycaster'....

I'm really enjoying this guitar - cost me £25 (well, around £100 with upgrades).  :)
  • ICBM said:
    Looks like an ART series of some sort, although I've never seen one with that body shape. Some sort of signature model for a player I have no knowledge of? (Probably someone under 30 who plays in one of those new-fangled pop-nu-metal bands, or something… ;) )

The bridge appears to be a little more 'solid' than a standard tune-o-matic, while avoiding sharp edges to snag your hand on while palm-muting (or maybe Townshend-style windmilling), and the tailpiece is intended to make string changes quicker - they've been using that design since the 70s.
    And @Andyjr1515

After a good search through tinterweb for back catalogues and the like, I think I have found it - a 2007 ARX 140, with mahogany set neck, mahogany body and maple top. They call the bridge a Gibraltar, and the tailpiece a Quickchange. It's not a signature model, at least not according to the catalogue I found here -

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=379&now=13

It only cost 190, I think or 210, can't remember which. I like it. :)

@Lixarto - :D
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    After a good search through tinterweb for back catalogues and the like, I think I have found it - a 2007 ARX 140, with mahogany set neck, mahogany body and maple top. They call the bridge a Gibraltar, and the tailpiece a Quickchange. It's not a signature model, at least not according to the catalogue I found here -

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=379&now=13

It only cost 190, I think or 210, can't remember which. I like it. :)
    Aha! Close - it's an ARX120… better inlays, body binding and no chamfered cutaways.

It's nice, whatever it is!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• n3pn3p Frets: 38

An awesome guitar, but semi thinking about selling as it doesn't get the playing time it deserves...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratosonicstratosonic Frets: 33
    edited April 2014
    My black fender pawn shop 51 (MIJ) and my Black Fender Jag Blacktop, plus a red tele with stetsbar and usa burst tele (almost black) :)
  • Posted it before but what the heck...

My 93 Blacktopped studio with Oil City Blitz Spirits and Jimmy Page wiring.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g232/malarkymusic/A581F3AF-89D8-4725-AF9C-B5622BCE320B-32649-000022F83B353600_zpsb50f8dd1.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    @n3p ; that is gorgeous.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    edited April 2014

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    n3p said:

An awesome guitar, but semi thinking about selling as it doesn't get the playing time it deserves…
    I don't normally like that kind of thing, but any concept executed to that level of perfection is worth appreciating.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I have only two black guitars, and they both are Rickenbackers
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
  • ESP Eclipse I CTM FR

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee495/RockerDIY/IMG_0262_zps2a2489a5.jpg

Aria TA-50.  A reasonable guitar for the money especially as I got is as a swap for a Line6 amplifier.  It was my office guitar for yonks.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Nice - I like Arias :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • Fresh off the plane a few days ago. Love it .