Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    £2K!!!!?!?!?!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9670
    These MIMs are rocketing up again. I bought mine used for £650 (pristine) when they were selling new for £800. I think I'd prefer LPB to Fiesta Red, but not for what it would cost me! Also, pretty sure the MIMs would have a pao ferro board now, despite what the advert says. The photo certainly looks like pao ferro.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7184
    These MIMs are rocketing up again. I bought mine used for £650 (pristine) when they were selling new for £800. I think I'd prefer LPB to Fiesta Red, but not for what it would cost me! Also, pretty sure the MIMs would have a pao ferro board now, despite what the advert says. The photo certainly looks like pao ferro.
    The title has PF in it, so yeah 
  • rossirossi Frets: 1705
    Drool ,slobber ,hate .
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2329
    £2k for the JM is way too high. These were £1600 about 2 years ago. Rosewood issues or not, it’s too high.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    as a side note this aversion to Pao ferro is getting ridiculous. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27149
    Price increases are largely driven by the pound being in a hole again.

Both look lovely. Both will be 25% cheaper before Christmas. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    As long as the Pau Ferro is dark, even and not streaky, blotchy, or orange, then it's fine. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    Amen.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Price increases are largely driven by the pound being in a hole again.

No, it's mainly due to Fender repositioning all their lines one level up. Sure the pound has something to do with it but even before the pound tanked Roadworn's had gone up to nearly £1k from the £750-£800 they were introduced at.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    2k and no matching headstock... pass!
  • Excited to hear the tonal differences of the new colours....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    brooom said:
    Genuinely... as an offset fan, I think they look better without. Plus bear in mind that colour matched headstocks were only offered for a very short period
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27149
    impmann said:
    brooom said:
    Genuinely... as an offset fan, I think they look better without. Plus bear in mind that colour matched headstocks were only offered for a very short period
    +1 I don’t get it myself
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3888
    stickyfiddle said: no
    impmann said:
    brooom said:
    +1 I don’t get it myself
    +2 Vintage tint looks much better
    impmann said:
    brooom said:

You're dead to me 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7184
    Lebarque said:
    impmann said:
    brooom said:
    +1 I don’t get it myself
    Add me to that list 
    Lebarque said:
    impmann said:
    brooom said:
    +1 I don’t get it myself
    Add me to that list 
    And you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9670
    Where is the aversion?