SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT/FS: Edwards '54 Reissue Les Paul (2017) - SOLD

What's Hot
LaCathedrale_UKLaCathedrale_UK Frets: 105
edited July 2018 in Guitars £
This is a MIJ stonker of a Les Paul, the only reason I'm selling up is because literally all my play time is on another MIJ LP in the form of my Navigator. It's a 1954 Reissue-style Black beauty by Edwards (specific model is E-LP130CD/P) in Piano black. Top of the range for Edwards (only Navigator is above it, and that's a whole other price bracket) and other than the thin poly finish it's very much the equal of an equivalent Gibson Trad.

It's got SD pickups, Gotoh bridge/tuners, triple binding, ebony fretboard etc all in perfect nick - no dings, dents or bruises. It comes with a gig bag.

Sound
As expected it totally rips the arse out of my HB equipped LP on anything from clean to mid-gain heavy crunch.
On a clean setting there's a very pleasing woody 'clap' on the neck pickup, and I generally hate clean bridge pickup sounds but this one is quite sweet with the tone rolled all the way off off.

Look and Feel
Absolutely looks the business, heavy metal toggle switch, gold hardware and absolutely flawless finish - it must be a very thin poly coat because around the end of the fretboard the corners are very tight, as opposed to my LP's somewhat curved edges. The neck is chunkier than the 60's slim taper on modern Gibsons but not huge. It's got the heft of a traditional LP at around 4kg / 10lb with AFAIK no weight relief.

Price + Shipping
Realistically I think a sale makes the most sense. Ideally in person so we can have a natter and a cup of tea and you can try it out - but if not I can ship at cost with whatever service (typically UPS/Interparcel).

If you wanted to buy this guitar it'd cost you >£1000ish new when you factor in import duty and post, so I'm looking for £660  £610 £590 - as I said the guitar is absolutely mint.

Trades
I'm open to suggestion on trades - teles, strats (EJ Strat with cash your way?), etc. but I'm not sure there's much opportunity for that!
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1797
    Very nice and tempting that said I cleared my Edwards about 5 years ago one had a strong shoulder hump more D than C and I found it uncomfortable. The other a similar model had a chinky C which was fine is this in the chunky C or D. Thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would say this is a C-shape, I don't notice any big 'shoulders' on the profile.
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 507
    What does it weigh?
  • 4kg ~ 9lb by my luggage scales @mattacjones ;
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 507
    Great looking guitar
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
    PM incoming
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7159
    I had one of these was pretty good. 
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
    Absolutely beautiful 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6145
    edited July 2018
    Dang! Short of owning a genuine original instrument or one of the uber expensive reissues, this is as good as it gets. A stunning instrument at a very fair price.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks guys, I have a feeling I'm going to regret selling this one (it's not like I can just pop into a GuitarGuitar and get another) but it's just not getting the play time the money I have invested in it deserves.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6096
    edited July 2018
    Might you be interested in a Fender Special Edition 60's Stratocaster, as new with tweed case, it's a lacquer finish model in sea foam green (?). Some cash to you on top.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaimebcnjaimebcn Frets: 2
    I do not need another guitar.

Stunning guitar!!

Not sold yet? I cannot understand it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi chaps,

The old ball and chain has told me in no uncertain terms that I need to make good on the amp I've just bought, so this has to go sooner rather than later.

With that in mind I'm looking to recoup amp costs so dropped from £660 to £610.

Cheers,
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 400
    I'm guessing that means trades are now off the table?
  • Hi there @benecol ;

Not neccesarily, if the right thing comes up I'll just have to find a way to make room :)

Cheers,
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 477
    Beautiful, would you be interested in a 60s Classic Laquer strat in 3TSB plus some cash your way? Brand new condition, home use only. Only thing I've done is set it up for 10s and done the EJ tone mod (moved 2nd tone to bridge pickup, leaving the middle open).
  • Hi guys,

There are some potential trades in the making, but as mentiooned this is primarily a cash recovery exercise so that must take precedence.

If you're at all interested please let me know as soon as possible - if you have an offer that's not insulting I would consider it!

Cheers,
  • Really looking for a cash sale on this, so reduced to £590 collect or £610 shipped to anywhere in the Mainland UK - that's a cracking guitar for the money!
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7159
    These are really well made if anyone is on the edge about buying this. My one was a really good guitar and felt very nice to play, sounded great and quality is top notch. This is a good deal and no, I'm in no way associated to the seller!
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Withdrawn for now - spent most of today playing it and I can't let this go for money which would at best get me a middling MIM strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom