The wide neck guitar criminal!

What's Hot
1202122232426»

Comments

• Hello all,
    The WNGC here, and I have been very busy starting the WN conversions of a left hand Harley Benton 7, and GFM Denver 7, and an electro acoustic Vintage 12, plus having to post a WN to the USA and a couple over here too... so I haven't had a chance to browse this site for a few days... and been working on my old motorbike and sidecar to try and get it running again after being US for five years.
    But I like the idea of people clubbing together to buy one of my guitars for assessment; it's a lot better even than the kind person who runs a team of luthiers and offered that if I posted a guitar to him (free) he would grant me one hour of his precious time to tell me if it was good or not.
    So yes an excellent idea... and the last person to have the guitar sticks it back on ebay and divides the proceeds amongst you all.
    That way we all win: I get the sale of a guitar and the kids eat for another week, and you can all verbally rip the shit out of my work with an informed voice!
    Mark.................

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31087
    Wow, 17pages!!

Can I be bothered?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31087
    After a while on these sites I think people become conditioned to being in an adversarial bear-pit environment; but it's a bit love me love my dog too, in as much as we can agree to agree with each other and then you are accepted in the clan; but if you want to disobey the clan we'll set the dogs on you and send you somewhere else.

As it happens I have long said that I prefer a flat nut where the strings sit pretty much on the surface; my buyers on the other hand seem quite happy with my deep Vee cut nuts, and I like them best with shark tooth inlays on Ibanez and Jacksons.
    However, someone on here might have seen my most recent wide neck guitar with a much flatter nut; it was a red Schecter and it sold quite quickly so sadly it is gone now... the funny thing is that I found I was missing the look of the shark-tooth nut and the simple flat one looked a bit plain... but it was a fantastic sounding guitar with a coil tapped Schecter humbucker (nicer than Seymours) and a Don Lace telecaster at the neck... it gave us five really good distinct tones.

And I liked that blue Les Paul wide neck posted on here earlier... so someone else thinks they should exist as well then? But I prefer mine as they are not just wide at the nut end then parallel to the a standard narrow bridge, but have a proper guitar ratio of expansion... OH NO! I am starting to sound like a proper grown up luthier!
    Is that the type of nut that Salladin's army failed to conquer?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom