Tele -335 mash-up thought experiment

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 897
    That is all good news. Hoping it will arrive tomorrow but the seller has used ParcelFarce so am slightly on tenterhooks. It is Trans Brown, Swamp Ash, maple fingerboard and Thornbuckers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    That is all good news. Hoping it will arrive tomorrow but the seller has used ParcelFarce so am slightly on tenterhooks. It is Trans Brown, Swamp Ash, maple fingerboard and Thornbuckers.

Nice! :)
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    The PRS DGT is Grissom’s attempt to combine his favourite/most-used tones from his ‘63 335, telecaster, and strat into one guitar. I’d start there!
    Just to close this out here is the Suhr Alt T Pro I bought.

https://i.imgur.com/fxAwoHk.jpg

Unfortunately Sonic Blue s only available with a Rosewood 'board so went with trans brown and it's 70's Deluxe vibe.
    It does do a lot of things like a tele and some 335 tones.  Certainly provides a lot of tones I like and is eminently playable. I understand why Suhr's attention to detail is sometimes described as legendary.

Thanks to all for the advice.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Glad you got your one (Maple Neck and Swamp Ash Body) and I've just been getting acquainted with mine as I got it and then next day was on holiday and without it. 

As you say, it does a lot of things very well and I think it covers LP, 335, Tele and Strat tones, plus it has its own thing going on.

I'm very impressed by mine and those Thornbuckers are superb pickups, be it on clean or overdriven settings.

Have fun and enjoy your one! :)
    edited July 2018
    Thanks @Kebabkid. I have a good feeling about this one. Once @koss59 suggested a Suhr it was a bit like the Manchurian Candidate and I realised  that I had fancied a Suhr for a while. Probably influenced by Jude Gold and Andy Wood on No Guitar is Safe
    Best wished with yours
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    Glad you’re happy with it mate, they’re such great guitars. I often take mine to jazz gigs instead of a 335 now as I just worry less about it and it’s easier to carry in and out.
    They are one of the most versatile guitars I’ve come across.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom