2 Days of Digital - A Short Story - plus new OX day

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• KultscharKultschar Frets: 43
    edited August 2018
    The OX looks impressive indeed.   All I worry about is how much will they update the software end - new cabs etc

OP still enjoying it???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Kultschar said:
    The OX looks impressive indeed.   All I worry about is how much will they update the software end - new cabs etc

OP still enjoying it???

Absolutely love it! I dialled in two "rigs" with the software when I first got it and haven't touched the software since. I'll dig in again when I have time but for now just enjoying the simple plug and play and being able to use my amp and pedals with headphones and getting a truly inspiring sound. I enjoy it as much as playing without headphones.

The attenuator isn't all that so unless you have a real need for either headphone use or recording then it's probably not worth the cash, but if you do, then it's an amazing bit of kit.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    The Ox is an amazing device, imho...

Let me qualify that a bit more, in terms of how I used it.

I ran it through my Carr Rambler (Ox as an attenuator, so to speak) and then into a couple of Genelec 8010s (FRFR speakers). 

Think of the Ox in terms of everything after the amp. The Ox can add compression, verb, delay and speaker/mic choices. However, these are simple options - not 40,000 options. This works well for me.

The aforementioned ompression, verb, delay are amongst the best, studio quality that Ive ever encountered. Incredible and inspirational.

Now, as an attenuator - I thought it was 'ok'. The Carr lost some of its sparkle, but I guess that's not the point. As I said, it's the after amp stuff.

I sent my Ox back. Simply because I decided to stick with the Kemper route, as this offered me more options live. But, if one came up at the right price... I'd def buy again :)

• ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    I love my OX too. It's easy to use and has beat the feel and sound of my previous Suhr RL ir and kemper voyage.
  • Necro bump! How does everyone feel about their Ox now? Or have they all  been moved along? Thinking bout getting one for headphone/recording use (my amps are getting dusty)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Same thing happened to me - ended up moving my Helix on and almost certainly wont go back to digital as I have tried it twice now - I went for the Boss Waza TAE rather than the OX any am very happy.
  • Necro bump! How does everyone feel about their Ox now? Or have they all  been moved along? Thinking bout getting one for headphone/recording use (my amps are getting dusty)
    Take a look at the Boss TAE too - software not as good but attenuates better I believe. The Boss is great - I haven’t tried ther OX but hear the attenuation does alter the sound more than I would have liked.
  • My amp has a built in Suhr Reactive Load IR, it's cheaper than the other options and is highly rated in terms of sound. I'd give one of them a whirl and see what you think. Works brilliantly with my amp.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.